account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Blocking unknown numbers

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Blocking unknown numbers

There is currently no way to block unknown calls on Xperia XZ1 with Android 9 Pie. The option is simply missing from the Phone app's settings. How can I block unknown numbers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Blocking unknown numbers

Hi @GniQQ,

Currently, there is no option to block calls from hidden numbers in the phone app. However, we are always monitoring our customers' expectations, and if there is strong demand, we will consider adding this functionality in the future.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback regarding this and there should be applications available in the Google Play store that allows you to block hidden/unknown numbers.

edit: I forgot to add, but you can always check with your operator if they can block incoming calls from private numbers on your subscription. For me this would not work at all, as where I'm situated a lot of the calls from hospitals and so on are from private/hidden numbers, but it may be different where you live.

I hope that helps and have a great weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Does it not show if long pressing the call in the call lists?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Right, I may have been incorrect in phrasing - I meant private numbers when someone intentionally hides their number to keep harassing you as you've already blocked their number.. 

Highlighted
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

AHH, got ya.

I'll have a look but not seen that setting iirc

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @GniQQ,

Currently, there is no option to block calls from hidden numbers in the phone app. However, we are always monitoring our customers' expectations, and if there is strong demand, we will consider adding this functionality in the future.

I'll make sure to forward your feedback regarding this and there should be applications available in the Google Play store that allows you to block hidden/unknown numbers.

edit: I forgot to add, but you can always check with your operator if they can block incoming calls from private numbers on your subscription. For me this would not work at all, as where I'm situated a lot of the calls from hospitals and so on are from private/hidden numbers, but it may be different where you live.

I hope that helps and have a great weekend!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi, 

I'll be honest: no, quite obviously it doesn't help. Many other manufacturers (Samsung, Xiaomi etc) have this feature available in their phones so I would say it's nothing serious or complicated. Why leave such a basic function out? Why do Sony have to be "the one that misses important things" all the time? 

This. Must. Be. Added. Period. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi again @GniQQ!

I added some more info to my post regarding block hidden/private numbers. This is not the reason for us not having it though and as I said, I'll make sure to forward the feedback and there are applications in the Google Play store that will block these kind of numbers from calling you, so you can still do it on an Xperia device, just not by default in the Phone application.