account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Black Screen - Reset Failed

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Black Screen - Reset Failed

Okay so here is the deal, my lovely little Sony Xperia XZ1 has decided that it will randomly change the screen to black and then act non-responsive on me. 

Calls can still come through, alarms still go off, noises still happen, vibrations still vibrate, but I cannot interact with any of them and the screen remains black. 

WHAT HAS HAPPENED?! 

Note:
Software repair didn't fix it
Removing sim card and replacing fixes it temporarily

Hard reset (power button and volume) sometimes fixes and temporarily. 

Help me out here Slightly frowning Face

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Black Screen - Reset Failed

@BSJHARVEY 

I'm sorry to hear that but that seems to be a hardware related issue and you will have to get it repaired by Sony >>> Local Support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @BSJHARVEY, very sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I agree with what @uliwooly suggested. Have your device sent in to an authorized service centre so it can be examined by a trained technician.

You mentioned that this occurs randomly and when it's not something that occurs all the time, it's very important that you make sure that the fault description is as detailed as it can be possible be, so the device can be tested correctly at the service centre.

Your Local support team will assist you further with having it sent in, so please get in touch with them!

Feel free to keep us posted! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I think it's software related. It happens to a lot of people.

There's a thread on the XZ1 Compact forum since a few updates. But nothing has been done so far.