account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery care stopped working

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Battery care stopped working

Hey there,

Since a month I am a happy owner of a XZ1 Compact. But one thing is troubling me. The battery care feature was enable from the start. It took the battery care about 4 Charges, i.e. a week, to notice that I am charging the battery every two days at about 11:45 pm. After that I got the notification that battery care is active. With the start of the second charge I deactivated the notification and later on installed a new alarm app. And since then the feature has stopped working completely. I deinstalled the new app, disabled and enable the battery care but nothing helped. Now after weeks of having nearly the same charging interval its still not working.

Do you have any ideas what to do? And is there a way to enable the notification again?

Thanks in advance and greetings from germany

Alex

9 REPLIES 9
Sage
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Battery care stopped working

Battery care is a little fuzzy. It would be a nice addition to have a manual option to synchronyze it with the alarm.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

try to not keep disabling and reenabling the toggle, I suppose it would reset all the data if you keep doing that. Enable it and give it a week or two to study your behavior, and then it will kick in after that. Or, you can perform a software reset via xperia companion and see if the problem persists

Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

on my XZ1 it seems to have sync'd up with my alarm, as it says it'll reach 100% 5 minutes before my alarm is set.

Sage
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Maybe you are  very regular in your daily routine. 

It should be good to have a switch to force the sync between alarm and charging process. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I have the same problem...it was working correctly for months on my xz1 compact and now for almost a month it is.no working. Charging behavior is 99% the same. With me it is not synced with the alarm since full charge is 30 minutes to hour and smtng before the alarm. I am more and more disappointed by every next compact that sony makes.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Same problem here on XA2.

I have tried 3 times to go for a week without touching the setting and it won't pick up my habbits even though i start charging in a half hour window each night and take it off charge in a 5 minute window in the morning.

I just switch it off and on each night and it always seems to select

[Time taken off charge yesterday] - 1 hour

i.e. I always take it off at around 7am and it almost always choses 6am as the finish time.

I don't use an alarm (on my phone) to wake up so i'd like to just set the time manually.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I notice all the comments are a combination of:

a) I have the same problem, the tech doesn't work

b) just trust in the tech, it will work itself out eventually

c) I want manual control

Sony, are you listening?

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

The day I previously posted I started a 1 month trial of Battery Care. 

I stopped my normal routine of turning B.C. off and on every night to reset it. ( i've previously tried for a week or so to get it work after stopping but gave up before success).

My usage is very regular. On charge between 9:00 - 9:30pm and off charge between 7:00 and 7:30 and I have made sure to stick rigidly to that routine this month. 

I think that should be enough of a routine for B.C. to pick up on.

I am now 3 weeks into this trial.

• Battery care has not started working yet
  • My battery life has reduced drastically.
    • At the beginning of the trial I ended the day at about 40% (down from 50-55% when the phone was newer)
    • Now I finish the day on 12-15%

Its not looking good so far. I'll post again next week.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have gone a full month of folloing Sony's recommended  solution to this problem - "Just wait for it to start working".

Time Frame:

Daily for 30 days

Conditions:

Commence charging between 9:00 and 9:30pm.

End charging between 7:00 am and 7:30am

No incidental charging during the day

No changes to the settings of Battery Care - remains on constantly.

Test Results:

Battery Care detects regular usage and commences regulating charges: FAIL

Any indication that Battery Care was functioning in any way (Notifications etc): FAIL

Additional observations:

As previously stated, during this test my battery life degraded significantly. On the last day of the period the battery warning of 15% came at about 5pm and I was forced to leave the phone unused (no screen, audio, bluetooth or messages) in order to make it to 9:00pm. When I put it on charge it was at 2%.

Conclusion:

On my specific phone, Battery Care does not function as intended. The continued overnight charging as recommended by the community and Sony Representitives not only does not solve the problem, but has a severe negative effect on the battery life.