account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bad mms-quality when recieving

Apprentice
Message 41 of 56
Message 41 of 56

Re: Bad mms-quality when recieving

Textra in legacy also fixed it for me.  I had the default Messages app still open after making Textra the default and the pic received by Textra also appeared in Messages with the correct quality.  Since legacy support is required within Textra to fix this, it appears that telecoms are not correctly supporting the new mms protocol. 

Inhabitant
Message 42 of 56
Message 42 of 56

I would be inclined to believe that, but my wife's Pixel 2 works fine and it has Android 8.1.

One time poster
Message 43 of 56
Message 43 of 56

Anything yet? This issue is irritating me. Cheers

Adviser
Message 44 of 56
Message 44 of 56

Nothing.. I`ve sent two (2) P.M. to Emir for support but no answer Slightly frowning Face A graveyard seems more lively then getting support through Sonystaff.

Since this problem was adressed last year by me (in November) and Sony fixed it within 14 days I`m stunned that the problem with re-occurs again, just because of Sony OTA updating the firmware. Didn`t they learned that they have to send info to all networkoperators, so the mms-pic`s don`t get "discriminated" in the net? It sure is annoying since Sony proclame to have the best cellphone cameras out there.. 

I think I will give the local Sony Support a phonecall about this problem and lack of response during the last month or so I`v tried to get answer through this supportsite.

But on the other hand, we have already decided to let go of Xperiaphones in the future due to these reoccuring problems that makes sharing nice photos a real frustration.

Inhabitant
Message 45 of 56
Message 45 of 56

I can 100% confirm this is a network problem. I used my dad's sim card from a different network in my xz1 and incoming mms pictures were suddenly all good quality.

Learner
Message 46 of 56
Message 46 of 56

Bad quality MMS

I have an XZ1 and whenever someone sends me an MMS, the quality is bad. The image is really pixelated. I had a lower end XPERIA before this one but my MMS looked good then. 

I read on the forum with link below that it's a bug but not sure if it has ever been solved. I'd appreciate your help. Thank you. forum https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/Bad-mms-quality-when-recieving/td-p/1271800#gref

Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 47 of 56
Message 47 of 56

Re: Bad quality MMS

Keep in mind that the XZ1 screen itself is pixelated. So low resolution photos will look worse 

Visitor
Message 48 of 56
Message 48 of 56

I have the same problem is the topic creator. Also from Sweden (Tele2) tried android messages, tried textra. Nothing. Starting to think that there is something wrong with the phone

One time poster
Message 49 of 56
Message 49 of 56

I am in Canada with an Experia XZ1 and I have the same issues. This is my third Experia and this is the first to have the same problem as yours. I can not receive MMS photos that are clear. All MMS pics are to blurry to see. What was your solution? Did you resolve the problem?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 50 of 56
Message 50 of 56

Hi, Canada! 

I kept hammering the local Sonysupport team about the issue but got nothing useful in return. But I sure kept them busy on the telephone and demanded an answer. 

After a while there was a minor update in the sms/mms app that cleared the problem! I dont really know if Sony actually did anything or if my operator did something. . 

For now it work though.