account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bad mms-quality when recieving

Adviser
Message 21 of 54
Message 21 of 54

Re: Bad mms-quality when recieving

There seems to be an "fight" beetween my carrier and Sony weather it`s the cellphone or the carrier that is responsible for bad incoming quality of mms-pictures.
I have got, practically, no help from the carrier 3 but to send in the phone for their tecksupport to take a glance at it. And Emir (Thank you!!), here in the forum, has got the full report about the phone a couple a weeks ago and sent the info further up the chain but still not recieved an answer for it.

However, I`m still standing (Rod Stewart song Winking Face ) here with a cellphone with no answer or solution that works around the problem. There are some hints in the thread that I have tried with no success; the only thing I can not do is change the carrier since the phone is locked to 3 with some sort of code.

So the only thing I have left to do is return it to the retailer 3 as an warranty-issue. Sadly.
I also have a good personal connection working in that company so I can make a change to another brand if the issue isn`t completely fixed within 2 weeks.

Still I will update this thread as soon as I can get some detailed info on the issue or make the change to another brand. But i really hope to stay with Sony like I always had! Quality matters!

Regards, 

Regular
Message 22 of 54
Message 22 of 54

Sfalk, I just started using my XZ1 a couple days ago and am experiencing the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with MMS pictures. No matter who sends a picture, it is like 50 pixels high. I contacted my carrier, Rogers in Canada, and they're baffled. I should mention that my Z3 on Rogers had absolutely no MMS issue. 

Good to hear you got deep with Sony Mobile about this issue and they better fix it!! 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 23 of 54
Message 23 of 54

AVRELIVS: Yes, this is very disturbing and rarely seen. Or atleast there is no pattern to follow when it comes to apprehend this issue!

As writen in another thread, there was someone from Denmark that have the same issue as well.

If I don't hear anything in the next days from Sony I will return the cellphone to the retailer as an warranty issue and get another brand. But I really don't want another brand... I'll keep you posted! 

Regards from a cold Sweden 

Regular
Message 24 of 54
Message 24 of 54

Totally agree, I want to stick with Sony, too, but these kind of issues must be solved shortly after releasing the phone. 

I just realized that the XZ1 messaging application is not Sony's but Google's. Is there a known issue with Google's messaging app (on this device)? Also, not sure if this has been stated but my recipients tell me my pictures are full-resolution (for MMS) but I RECEIVE ridiculously small pictures. 

Adviser
Message 25 of 54
Message 25 of 54

In the afternoon today I got an message from Sony support saying "Try and see now".

And..Tadaa..! The recieved images via MMS is quite visable no matter from which carrier in Sweden I recieve them. The size of recieved photos is not great but OK. Actually the sizes it`s much smaller then I have ever had with any other cellphone from Sony over the last 6 years (and always with the same carrier, 3), but now I can see what`s in the sent MMS.

I have not touched the settings or anything else. It just got better for some reason. At least here in Sweden with the carrier 3.

I would like to keep this thread open to follow the Canadian and Danish persons and see what happens for them as well!

So if there is no special reason for marking this thread as closed/solved I think this thread can be useful for other users.

Kind regards from, sfalk

Regular
Message 26 of 54
Message 26 of 54

Sfalk, was there ANY changes to the system software or your messaging application?? 

Apprentice
Message 27 of 54
Message 27 of 54

Same positiv change here from this mor Ing. Hope the problem will not return. 

Apprentice
Message 28 of 54
Message 28 of 54

Before and now. image000000_03.jpg

image000000_04.jpg

Adviser
Message 29 of 54
Message 29 of 54

@ AVRELIVS: Not that I`m aware of. I sertainly didn`t do anything... Just got the PM saying "Try now".

I have sent an PM to my Sony Techsupport to get a grip on what did this change since it might be back in the future or if it happens again if I reset the cellphone.

So there is no change for you with Rogers?? 

Regular
Message 30 of 54
Message 30 of 54

No change for me, I just received another horribly lo-rez picture via MMS.