account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad camera distortion confirmed with XZ1 too

Sage
Message 41 of 61
Message 41 of 61

Re: Camera Distortion Problem Continues on the Sony's new product XZ1 at non-negligible levels!..

I had to say that my wife's doesn't show any distortion with or without the algorithm. I will post the sample i took with her phone editing this post.

Let's hope that it's not because of lenses' quality, otherwise we are doomed.

Learner
Message 42 of 61
Message 42 of 61

Re: Camera Distortion Problem Continues on the Sony's new product XZ1 at non-negligible levels!..

I was looking forward to Xperia XZ1 Compact. After I bought this phone, I really like everything on it, until I take first photos. I’m OK if back camera show some Fisheye effect or on the contrary Gnomonical/Rectilinear effect. However, this photos from XZ1 compact is deformed and distorted. Object are spatially waved. It changes with different length from object. Some photos need closer look to find it, but some is obvious from first look. I’m very sad, that I have to return phone only because camera problem. I hope that Sony will came with some solution.

DSC_5482_with_lines.JPGDSC_5471_with_lines.JPGDSC_5476_with_lines.JPG

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 61
Message 43 of 61

Extremely funny camera of the year !

DSC_1811.JPGDSC_1809.JPGDSC_1868.JPG

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Talent
Message 44 of 61
Message 44 of 61

Welcome to the distortion club Lewis3

Sage
Message 45 of 61
Message 45 of 61

Sony says it is normal behaviour and they have no evidence of distortion. At least it's what the local support told me.

Is the world to be bent, not the  camera! Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 46 of 61
Message 46 of 61

DSC_0003-1.JPGTaken with XZ1

Look at my Z2, it has a curved screen thnx to XZ1's  camera Expressionless Face. My Z2 take photos better than this !..

Adviser
Message 47 of 61
Message 47 of 61

Re: Bad camera distortion confirmed with XZ1 too

Get full and original replacement parts for XZ1 at http://www.witrigs.com/replacement-parts-for-sony-xperia-xz1 Most people find XZ Premium got serious camera distortion, and the Sony made an official statement which said that was an universal phenomenon and all smart phone have. Now, XZ1 as a new
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 61
Message 48 of 61

Those tip is just to avoid distortion right ? Thank for that. But it doesn't help with the object with straight line.

That's it. We need a fix!

Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Learner
Message 49 of 61
Message 49 of 61

Thank you Sony!

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 61
Message 50 of 61

.. Photo taken with my XZ1 (had to shrink the file size due to the Forum upload limitation) but other then that it is as original as it gets. No Raw format available so cant tell if its the Lens or the Algorythm. But same Result with other Camera app (google). How could this happen? Dont you test your Products before selling? dissappointed.DSC_0152.jpg