account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bad WiFi signal

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Bad WiFi signal

I had the Xperia Z5 before and the WiFi to my room was perfect. Bought the XZ1 two weeks ago. And I've noticed the signal is alot worse. I can just about get signal to my room. Anyone else have issues with this? 

7 REPLIES 7
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bad WiFi signal

Yeah, mine is spottier as well, coming from an Xperia Z. 

Given that Nexus/Pixel users have issues as well, it's probably an Oreo problem. 

@Mods/officials: Any info on that?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

In XDA, there is a person reporting "WiFi signal drops when I hold my hand on the backside."
Maybe the same case?

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hello,

I have the same issue. When I hold the xz1 in my Hand the signal is really bad and WiFi disconnect. When I lay is down on the table, it is better. 

I think it's an design mistake. But maybe an developer can tell us more.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

honestly, if i did not spend researching for 2mths before buying this brand, i would now sell this phone in a heartbeat. decided with Sony's flagship bcoz all other (android) brands 'could' play around with the hardware to gain more profits, at the expense of their customers.  i think Sony retained consistent aspects of the phone design, premium pricing & slow tech evolution to ensure good user experience, based on idiom of if it's not broke, don't fix it. but compared to my Samsung tablet, previous HTC M9+, wife's Xperia X and my secondary Xperia Z, everytime i switch Youtube on wifi, i see the damm doughnut. everytime !! though this has somewhat improved with the last phone update, but again, all my other devices do not buffer at the 1080p, expect this 'flagship' Sony phone. WHY ?? looking at all the other problems in this page for this 'flagship', i may ditch Android and switch to fruit, grudgingly.....

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Мой xz1 не видит WI fi часто когда я выхожу в гараж на несколько минут и возвращаюсь. Покидаю зону приёма и обратно. Только лте есть, а вай фай "подключено без интернета ". Перезагрузка роутера или смартфона ничего не меняет, иногда час и больше. Надеюсь исправите. 

My xz1 does not see WI fi often when I go out into the garage for a few minutes and come back. I leave the reception area and back. Only there is, and wai-fi is connected without the Internet. " Reboot the router or smartphone does not change anything, sometimes an hour or more. I hope to correct it.

GT

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I have exactly the same issue. My Z5 is still receiving the WiFi signal perfect and my XZ1 simply can't be used via WiFi. If I want to search something on Google over speach I have to use my mobile network. Games are freezing every few seconds and wait untill the connection works again for a few seconds. Downloads are slowing down extremely and need hours. When I restart the phone it works sometimes. But only for a short while. Does Sony answer here overall?