account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Automatic switching from 4G to 3G during calls

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Automatic switching from 4G to 3G during calls

@Rayster025 wrote:

I do hope someone is capable to forward our issue to Sony otherwise it will stay here in the forums forever.

I requested the mods here to escalate the issue to Sony. But I don't know if they acted on this. Still, I'm hoping someone will. 

Apprentice
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

After a bit of testing. My issue is more like I cannot receive/give calls when I'm on LTE (preferred) network. I noticed that it moves from LTE to HSPA when doing so but cannot do calls/receive one. On the other hand, if I set it only to WCDMA/GSM, it work fine. I wonder what's the thing here, On my old Xperia X phone, I don't have this problem.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Have you confirmed on your courier if they support VoLTE? (Voice over LTE). Cause it's probably the first reason why why 4G drops to 3G when making calls.

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

@Rayster025

@Rayster025 wrote:

After a bit of testing. My issue is more like I cannot receive/give calls when I'm on LTE (preferred) network. I noticed that it moves from LTE to HSPA when doing so but cannot do calls/receive one. On the other hand, if I set it only to WCDMA/GSM, it work fine. I wonder what's the thing here, On my old Xperia X phone, I don't have this problem.

Exactly my findings. I have another xperia phone which is on Oreo 8 but it doesn't have these issues. I believe it's a firmware issue on XZ1 and an update could solve it. 

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

@Rayster025 wrote:

Have you confirmed on your courier if they support VoLTE? (Voice over LTE). Cause it's probably the first reason why why 4G drops to 3G when making calls.

My carrier does not support VoLTE. 

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

No reply/action /support from Sony yet? Will our concerns die from natural death, obscured, forgotten and buried under tons of complaint posts? I hope not. Will I finally call it quits from being a fan of sony to other Chinese brands which outputs quality products for less price. Will it be "Sorry, No more Sony, Not Sorry. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

@Angelo69 wrote:

No reply/action /support from Sony yet? Will our concerns die from natural death, obscured, forgotten and buried under tons of complaint posts? I hope not. Will I finally call it quits from being a fan of sony to other Chinese brands which outputs quality products for less price. Will it be "Sorry, No more Sony, Not Sorry. 

And Ladies and Gentlemen, the magical SMART LOCK menu has once again disappeared! Are we in Harry Potter Land? Or Sony Land? Truly magical! 

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

OMG! Up to now, no reply/response from SONY and its cohorts! I have a crippled phone while they are enjoying the money from the sale. Never again, Sony! No Sony, Not Sorry.