account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Auto backlight not smooth

Apprentice
Message 21 of 46
Message 21 of 46

Re: autobrightness is terrible

Hi,

I have the same issue on my device. 

It's very annoying in the evening.

Apprentice
Message 22 of 46
Message 22 of 46

Xperia xz1 buy a new device but auto brightness is not smooth change. It is up and down itself even

Xperia xz1 auto brightness is not smooth and changing itself and gives stress to eye. 

Adviser
Message 23 of 46
Message 23 of 46

Re: Auto backlight not smooth

Would like to push this topic, too. This is indeed one of the most anoying things of the Xperia XZ1 and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

No issue in good light conditions, but very bad behavior in low-light.

Rookie
Message 24 of 46
Message 24 of 46

screen flickering in xz1

I have bought xz1. In low light condition display flicker, it's light sensor continues changing display brightness, resulting eyes strain. In normal light no any issues. Ambient sensor react more sensitive in low room light. Even due to TV watching display flicker. Already reset devices but same. 

Rookie
Message 25 of 46
Message 25 of 46

Same here very poorly changed in low light and gives eyes strain. Sony please fix it. 

Regular
Message 26 of 46
Message 26 of 46

I can confirm that this is another issue in my XZ1

One time poster
Message 27 of 46
Message 27 of 46

Adaptive sensitive brightness

Hello I have a xz1 and before I had a z2 I find the adaptive brightness on the xz1 very sensitive it goes up and down every time we move the phone

Rookie
Message 28 of 46
Message 28 of 46

same problem,it is very annoying 

Rookie
Message 29 of 46
Message 29 of 46

Adviser
Message 30 of 46
Message 30 of 46

A friend has just received his Nokia 6 and he reported the same issue in low-light situations. Dimming the screen is not smooth.

Maybe this is an Android OS (8 Oreo) issue rather than Sony Xperia XZ1 issue??