account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Auto backlight not smooth

Adviser
Message 31 of 46
Message 31 of 46

Re: Auto backlight not smooth

Same issue here.

Sage
Message 32 of 46
Message 32 of 46

The last update fixed a little bit this issue, but it's still fuzzy.

I've already wrote to the support. Do the same so it will rank up a little in the priority list.

Learner
Message 33 of 46
Message 33 of 46

I will agree with that! Also mine auto brightness is very annoying. On M4 was very smooth but on xz1 it is very sensitive changes very easily and continuasly... I was on the bus with the screen looking out and the sensor was changing brightness like crazy 🤪... The same happens when the TV is on and it reflects light on my glasses! You have to change that Sony!!!

Adviser
Message 34 of 46
Message 34 of 46

Is it only me or has this issue been addressed with latest firmware 47.1.A.7.1 ?

Backlight dimming seems much better and smother than before. Not yet perfect but less anoying!

Talent
Message 35 of 46
Message 35 of 46

@patman89 wrote:

Is it only me or has this issue been addressed with latest firmware 47.1.A.7.1 ?

Backlight dimming seems much better and smother than before. Not yet perfect but less anoying!

I have this version and I believe it isn't better than in the version before.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 36 of 46
Message 36 of 46

Okay, will do some advanced testings this evening. Maybe it has to do with my "Focus"-Actions which are active at the moment. This action seems to slow down the CPU which makes the dimming look smoother.

But I will try it at home where the effect is strong enough to bother me.

One time poster
Message 37 of 46
Message 37 of 46

Same happened to me on the bus today, things you don't really expect from a 699€ phone tbh!

Still on 324 firmware though. Not in a hurry to push updates here in Belgium so it seems.. (which appears will fix all the problems)

Great phone apart from that. 

Learner
Message 38 of 46
Message 38 of 46

Brightnes adjustment is now much smoother on the latest update, but the main problem still remains - it's too aggressive. It reacts to the change to fast. So, using the phone while watching TV makes it constantly adjust the brightnes. It should wait a little bit longer before reacting to the change.

Visitor
Message 39 of 46
Message 39 of 46

It is awful. This must be fixed !

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 46
Message 40 of 46

I'm thinking in new  47.1.A.8.49 that problem is fixed. This update rolling now.  For me this is the first "REAL" stable update to XZ1.