account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Apps hanging and crashing+ Mobile data not working

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Apps hanging and crashing+ Mobile data not working

Hello. I recently purchased an xz1 from Goa, India. During my two weeks with the device I've had a few applications crashing/hanging , and screen auto rotate gets stuck in landscape mode sometimes. I was wondering whether it was an Android Oreo problem or something else. Here are the apps: Panorama mode (camera) 

Creativemode (camera) 

GoogleDuo 

YouTube 

Contacts

Apart from this, my sim(Vodafone) data connection isn't working. It is not a problem with the sim card as data was working fine with my previous device. I request you guys to kindly give me some insight on these issues.   

Thanks alot.

3 REPLIES 3
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Apps hanging and crashing+ Mobile data not working

For my phone, my most used app is YouTube n it has crashed a few times.  Very strange coz my previous M9 plus never ever crashed any apps... 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes I confirm android oreo cant open many apps, they get installed and never open, they crash before opening,  by being positive I blame unupdated and incompatible apps but I can't confirm until someone Cares from Sony to confirm whats going on.just a side note big major banks, companies, social media apps such as insta, fb, twitter, whatsapp are fine, just these other games and apps they do crash. Otherwise this by far is the best Xperia Sony manufacturered.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Apart from the Bluetooth app quite often (And once the system with it) no other app is unstable in my case. 

But judging by the terrible Bluetooth functionality Oreo is not very clean yet.