account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Apps Running in the Background Notifications

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Apps Running in the Background Notifications

i can't get rid of this notification that says its running in the background...

okay i got that its running but how do you remove it from always showing up???

as you can see in picture its this AVG protection thing? is the only thing i can do to uninstall the whole app? i did with another app cause it was annoying...

as you can see  its been like this for 13 hrs already

please helppp!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Apps Running in the Background Notifications

@hhnnrryyww

That's a new feature added by Google in Android 8.0 and will be fixed with 8.1 release. There are some apps that can do this trick though, like this one.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

@hhnnrryyww

That's a new feature added by Google in Android 8.0 and will be fixed with 8.1 release. There are some apps that can do this trick though, like this one.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thank you, i will wait for the new update then. thanks a lot! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @hhnnrryyww;

With the last version update (47.1.A.12.75) you can get rid of this notification simply going to the Notifications menu, selecting app Android System, scroolling down to "Applications Running in the Background" and unselect it. At least I did it in my XZ Premium with the same software.

Hope it helps!

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@hhnnrryyww

The detailed pathway for this settings is as follows:

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> tap on the 3-dot icon top right corner -> Show system -> scroll and find "Android System" -> App notifications -> disable "Apps running in the background" channel.

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@Questerwrote:

@hhnnrryyww

The detailed pathway for this settings is as follows:

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> tap on the 3-dot icon top right corner -> Show system -> scroll and find "Android System" -> App notifications -> disable "Apps running in the background" channel.

Hi, I have an xperia xz1 compact and have followed you pathway (thank you!) but it doesn't allow me to disable it, the toggle is greyed out. Any ideas?

Pioneer
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @lindib;

You need to have the last firmware update (47.1.A.12.75) or else it will be greyed out.

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

OMG thank you, this was driving me crazy!!! Like I know avg is running in the background, I want to be protected.

I've seen the notification now go away. 

It wouldn't let me swip it off the screen!!!

The app you suggested has fixed it and it no longer bugs me, thank you! ❤️