account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Any idea how how use 5ghz hotspot?

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Any idea how how use 5ghz hotspot?

It got the hardware after all, android supports it.
any way to access it?
If not can i solve this by rooting the phone.

Had a real annoyance with my vr "oculus go" as it lags heavy with on 2.4ghz. awaiting my quest device will have the same problem there, got 7mbyte down the speed is enough for movies that i had issues with..

Might speed up home internet to as i use phone for access.

i can use phone hotspot-> home router-> vr works well...but phone to vr is a worse experience.

Well if it cant be solved i have to get some phone that supports it.

Side note, built in alarm clock must be fixed, unable to turn alarm off trough headset answer button. that is a sony headset...,has nerly gotten me killed fumble with phone, or try to concentrate in a car at 120km/hour.

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Any idea how how use 5ghz hotspot?

My home wifi has both 2.4GHz  and 5GHz

I named them seperately with 2.4 and 5 in their names.

My phone offers both in a normal "scan" and connects to the one named 5 the same way as it connects to the one named 2.4

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Any idea how how use 5ghz hotspot?

Same here. In my previous phone I had an option to set a preference for wi-fi 2.4 or 5 ghz. Can't find it in XZ1.