account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android update xz1 problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Android update xz1 problem

I recieved android system update message and accepted but after the completion phone is locked. I am not able to unlock with neither finger print nor password. It even does not read SIM card...please help...thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Learner
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Android update xz1 problem

Iam also facing the same problem.. I think it is a Sim card slot issue. So iam going to Sony service..After that they identify it is a software issue. They are asking me to wait new updates.

Regards 

Arun

Emperor
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@SFRajani  @arunvaikom 

What if you reinstall the latest update with XC?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Phone is not allowing to do anything phone is locked n not able to unlock

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Please write how to solve the problem with the update bug? I hesitate to install updates. Since all the latest updates lead to a malfunction of XZ1.

Learner
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Please remove the second Sim and restart.It will work. If it is not working please switch off and switch on. Don't put the second Sim now. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Please tell me why, after the upgrade, do you need to reanimate the XZ1? Updating should fix bugs, not create additional bugs and breakdowns! I recommend disabling the XZ1 update feature.

One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I just find a problem by trying to take a video with slow motion! When you choose the slow motion mode, at the same time the screen becomes very dark! So the selection of slow motion is unusable..?

Please fix it!

Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

We have to wait for the new updates  to ressolve this issue.

Dont update to 47.2.A.6.30 this update make these all issues.

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I had same issue after v. 47.2.A.6.30 update at 25/01/2019. And it seems I've fix this.

1. Remove all SIMs from phone - after this you'll be able to unlock your phone

2. Install Sony Xperia Companion to PC and plug phone to it. Unlock phone make it be able to transfer files over USB as Companion asks.

3. Backup your content (if it crucial) via Backup feature
4. Repair device via Repair feature (this will delete all user data from phone)

The repair feature downloads latest firmware from Sony and for my XZ1 it was v. 47.2.A.6.30-R7C (this version shows Companion while fixes phone)

It seems R7C have fixes for this issues but not released for update via air