account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android pie rollout for XZ1 and family has started

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Android pie rollout for XZ1 and family has started

6 REPLIES 6
Regular
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Android pie rollout for XZ1 and family has started

Upgraded. But the change of operation of the volume buttons is really not what I wanted... I still need a quick access to the ringtone volume, not the media volume...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Awesome!!! Already running on 🥧! Out of curiosity, did any of you also get some games installed in your phone from this update? 

Adept
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I haven't received pie yet. Will check these when I update. Sounds like bugs in my opinion which I'm very sure Sony will squash in future updates. Play around and give feedback. 

How is the camera?

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

yeah im definitely waiting before i update to this. seems like lots of issues. 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The latest Android Pie update (47.2.A.6.30) renders NFC functionality of the XZ1 Compact device void. The only possible solution (according to Sony support) is to send back the phone to them, so they can repair.

According to posts of others Sony provided a very bad quality Android Pie update with several major issues. I'd avoid installing that on XZ1 Compact devices until Sony confirms they fixed all critical and major defects in a new update.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I update, disabled the ability to connect the XZ1 computer, USB port. It is not possible to restore the smartphone after an unsuccessful update. This fault is a guarantee. And sony is obliged to change my smartphone to a new and serviceable one. Or return the money spent in the amount of 900€ to me.