account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 51 of 81
Message 51 of 81

Re: Since last update

Hello everybody;

This is a known issue and as already informed by the Xperia Support Team it will be solved in a future update. However I think it is only a visual problem don´t affecting the battery usage.

Talent
Message 52 of 81
Message 52 of 81

Re: Since last update

I think the bug is gone. Im on february sec patch (47.1.A.12.75). Downloaded today.

Learner
Message 53 of 81
Message 53 of 81

Re: Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

Hi Emir,

Please note I have updated to the most recent update just released 47.1.A.12.75 and the problem is still there.  It went away after update and restart but came back a few hours later....

Talent
Message 54 of 81
Message 54 of 81

close the app in the app drawer and the icon will disapear. 

The bug has been fixed

wrote:

Hi Emir,

Please note I have updated to the most recent update just released 47.1.A.12.75 and the problem is still there.  It went away after update and restart but came back a few hours later....

Learner
Message 55 of 81
Message 55 of 81

@ Profyler1 Enthusiast:

Which app?

Regular
Message 56 of 81
Message 56 of 81

Re: Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.75

Translation via Google Translate:

I closed all the applications one at a time and in the bar the grenelle turned off the GPS icon and it still burned

Я все приложения закрыл по одному и в баре гарел значек GPS отключал и все равно он горел 

Learner
Message 57 of 81
Message 57 of 81

Is the gps actually working and tracking my phone when I don't want it to? This is a serious issue Sony. You could face legal problems for breach of privacy. Get the gps thing fixed please . 

Pioneer
Message 58 of 81
Message 58 of 81

Hello @Dracuvio;

If you disconnect the GPS in the settings the icon remains in the status bar but it is not actually working, it is just a visual thing.

Regular
Message 59 of 81
Message 59 of 81

But it is understandable, but I would like for such a price something more than just a badge burns, it should be almost perfect and not just a phone, why should we suffer, I personally get pissed at this badge when he constantly speaks

Adept
Message 60 of 81
Message 60 of 81

All are fixed with the latest update. GPS icon disappers when i leave any app using it.