account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 81
Message 1 of 81

Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

After Updating my XZ1 to 47.1.A.12.34, I am seeing always on GPS in notification bar.

I even turned off the location but the icon won't go away.

This needs to be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 50 of 81
Message 50 of 81

Re: Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that GPS icon is visible in the status bar although the location setting is off. This is known and will be corrected in a future software release.

However, please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

80 REPLIES 80
One time poster
Message 2 of 81
Message 2 of 81

I have the same problem. Please fix it, Sony.

Emperor
Message 3 of 81
Message 3 of 81

@saurabhr @stefanf719

Most likely that there's an app and/or service that it's using GPS, boot in >>> safe mode and report back

safe mode will disable all third party apps, that will help narrow down the issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 81
Message 4 of 81

Same problem here

Pioneer
Message 5 of 81
Message 5 of 81

Hello, 

I have the same problem on a XZ Premium after this update. Only thing that solves it is a reboot, but after some hours the problem appears again. 

Learner
Message 6 of 81
Message 6 of 81

Exactly it just get back after restart

Apprentice
Message 7 of 81
Message 7 of 81

I have the same problem.

Talent
Message 8 of 81
Message 8 of 81

@uliwooly wrote:

@saurabhr @stefanf719

Most likely that there's an app and/or service that it's using GPS, boot in >>> safe mode and report back

safe mode will disable all third party apps, that will help narrow down the issue. 

@uliwooly wrote:

@saurabhr @stefanf719

We all have this issue after the update and even turning off GPS doesn't remove the symbol, so it's just a problem with the symbol staying there, caused by the update...

Message 9 of 81
Message 9 of 81

I'll escalate this issue. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 81
Message 10 of 81

Same problem here on xz premium. Hope it will get fixed soon.