account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

SOLVED
Talent
Message 71 of 81
Message 71 of 81

Re: Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

@Emu1wrote:

I turned off the location in System Icons then restarted the phone and turned it on again. Fixed 

It will come back, i did that too. after the third day, it came back.

Learner
Message 72 of 81
Message 72 of 81

I don't doubt that it will come back, 3rd day now it's still not there YET. I bought the Z2 brand new and never had a problem so upgraded to the XZ1 just last week because of the confidence I have in Sony, very disappointing discovering all the little glitches this system has.

Still love Sony though and I'm sure they will get everything sorted sooner or later, I had great first impressions out of the box and still love the phone very much. Can only get better when the clever poeple grasp Oreo.

Adviser
Message 73 of 81
Message 73 of 81

I have the same problem with the icon of GPS 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 74 of 81
Message 74 of 81

Oh good, another fault I hadn't noticed! Mine does the same thing.

Also, GPS works fine with google maps and shows the correct location...until I plug it in to my Android Auto car. Then it doesn't know where I am. Is this related?

Sage
Message 75 of 81
Message 75 of 81

I've tried the trick but icon came back.

Bah....

One time poster
Message 76 of 81
Message 76 of 81

mine got that when update to 47.1.A.12.75??? is that correct.....

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 81
Message 77 of 81

A month over and theres still no fix for this? Sony what are you doing to your new and loyal customers???

One time poster
Message 78 of 81
Message 78 of 81

after update to 12.75, I can feel the electromagnet wave with my hands is stronger,  and power drain faster.  Also the gps icon problem,  no way to clear it unless reboot.

@GCS88wrote:

A month over and theres still no fix for this? Sony what are you doing to your new and loyal customers???

Commissioner
Message 79 of 81
Message 79 of 81

Hi to all

After latest update with March security patches, on my italian XZ1 the issue is fixed and solved.

Remain other little problems, like system sound stop working after calls, but this one is solved for me.

Talent
Message 80 of 81
Message 80 of 81

Agree. Fixed on XZP G8142 as well.