account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

SOLVED
Talent
Message 41 of 81
Message 41 of 81

Re: Always On GPS Icon in 47.1.A.12.34

We have no always on display, so at least a always on GPS icon Grinning Face

Commissioner
Message 42 of 81
Message 42 of 81

Same problem with italian firmware after January security patches.

Very disappointing assistance and info about  from Sony support team.

It is clearly a software issue that needs a fix.

Learner
Message 43 of 81
Message 43 of 81

Same issue here since the January security patch. 

Regular
Message 44 of 81
Message 44 of 81

Разработчики когда уже исправити свой косяк а то смартфон 📱 за 280000

Developers when you already fix your jamb and then smartphone 📱 for 280,000

GT

One time poster
Message 45 of 81
Message 45 of 81

Since last update

My phone appears to be connecting all the time to location services and battery usage is up! I turn off location services and restart phone and all back to normal (but as soon as i use location services then problem is back again)

:-(

Adviser
Message 46 of 81
Message 46 of 81

Re: Since last update

I have discovered the same. But I still have not figured out what keeps the "position usage" notification up. Some times if I use location based apps, the marker disappears after closing the app. But sometimes it remains forever until I restart my phone - even if I have closed and stopped all running services and apps. Not even airplane mode stopps the location service.

This issue has defintelty popped up with the latest update. Never had this before!

Build-Number: 47.1.A.12.34 (Security Patchlevel: January 2018)

Adept
Message 47 of 81
Message 47 of 81

10 days left for the next update. Let's wish Sony does care about their phones and is going to fix some issues....

Talent
Message 48 of 81
Message 48 of 81

Updating OTA to next firmware as I type...   to xx.x.x.xx.75 ...  shall upload screenshot....   this is India

editionXZP Feb18 Update_IN.pngXZP_Feb18Upd_IN

Now I am going to activate my GPS location service to 'on' and check if the icon misbehaves as earlier...further updates should go to separate thread with latest build number tag. Bye!!

One time poster
Message 49 of 81
Message 49 of 81

I'm having the samebug..

Sony Xperia compact

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 50 of 81
Message 50 of 81

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that GPS icon is visible in the status bar although the location setting is off. This is known and will be corrected in a future software release.

However, please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.