account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Alarm app notification cannot be dismissed

Apprentice
Message 11 of 69
Message 11 of 69

Re: Alarm app notification cannot be dismissed

Wrote:

Same issue here, 47.1.A.12.75, and the GPS sign is still out there as well.

Same problem on xz1 compact. Also have the issue where the location indicator sometimes stays on even after turning location off. Had the location problem for over a month, since I originally purchased the device, alarm notification problem is new with recent update.

Model: G8441

Android: 8.0.0

Build: 47.1.A.12.75

Adviser
Message 12 of 69
Message 12 of 69

Update

After reading the forum I set two alarms and sure enough the issue came back.

Restart the phone and it goes away

Also noticed the location issue like others but have a new one to add. 

Bluetooth notification, whenever I am near to my smart watch the phone will ask if I want to connect, however if I turn the Bluetooth off on the phone or walk miles away, the phone still claims the smart watch wants to connect every 30 seconds or so

Tried this on other bluetooth devices and irregardless if the devices get turned off after the original phone notification, the phone still claims to see them and the pop-ups continue. 

All with the phones Bluetooth setting turned off!! 

@SONY What is going on?? 

XZ Premium 

G8141

Android 8.0.0

47.1.A.12.75

K 4.4.78-perf+

Wed Jan 24 14:00:09 2018

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 69
Message 13 of 69

My Xperia XZ1 still shows the alarm. One way to get it off is to keep hold of the clock app and the press the i in the top left and then press force stop. Just used the chat support and I told them about this issue and the response is not good. They told me to send my mobile in for repair. (let me just state that I have done a full repair and format on my mobile due to buying a 64gb card for my music). So anyway, I said my mobile does it and my girlfriends does the same and then I sent him the link to this page. His reply was..."M2 so may I have the right IMEI number?" I said he had my correct IMEI and the link was to show the problem was larger than he thought. His reply, "Yes and its for an Xperia M2 not XZ1". I did say no kidding to him but the response was quite humouring when he said, "Yes, it's strange". At this stage he just kept asking if I required more help since he told me to send my mobile in for repair. Take what you want from this. It will be my last Sony Mobile.

One time poster
Message 14 of 69
Message 14 of 69

Same problem, alarm notifications cannot be dismissed. 

Force stopping and then restarting the app works  So does leaving the phone in a drawer and using my other phone. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 69
Message 15 of 69

So after getting this response from Sony a few days ago;

there is newer update for Xperia™ XZ1: 47.1.A.12.119

To check your device's current software version, find and tap Settings > System > About phone > Build number.

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Could you please try to update your device and get back to us?

We will be waiting for your reply

Regards, Gabriel

I've just this morning messaged them back to inform them that this new update does nothing to fix it on either my or my wife's phones

Well played Sony

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 69
Message 16 of 69

I went into Carphone warehouse today and they said they hardly stick Sony anymore and their customer service was crap. They didn't know what the issue was and put it down to software. If everyone complains to Sony maybe just maybe we might get a fix. The recent update was for the Location. 

Adviser
Message 17 of 69
Message 17 of 69

So the following is advice from Sony, I am just trialing it at the moment so I will update tomorrow.

Hi Andrew!

I kindly ask you to also forward the clock app version from settings > apps & notifications > app info > Clock > Version. Apart from that, please do the following and try again.

To turn off the Android System notification

1. Find and tap Settings > App & notifications > App info.
2. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then select Show system.
3. Find and tap Android System.
4. Tap App notifications, then find Apps running in background.
5. Drag the slider to turn this function off.

We will be waiting for your reply

Regards, Gabriel

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 69
Message 18 of 69

AndyCrom you will get the exact same solution if you just keep your finger down on the clock app on your home screen (or with your other apps) press the 'i' in the top left and then press force stop. It's a workaround but not a fix. I'm not sure why Sony have you pressing so many things rather than what I just mentioned. 

Adviser
Message 19 of 69
Message 19 of 69

Cheers, 

I was just mainly trying to say 'word for word' what I had back from Sony so far.

Which is still not a lot

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 69
Message 20 of 69

I never said anything bad about it. I just said there is a easier way and I couldn't understand why Sony would tell someone to do it that way. Worst thing we can do is argue amongst ourselves rather than deal with Sonys poor service.