account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

A wish that need to be fulfilled!

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

A wish that need to be fulfilled!

First, I didn’t know where to put this post so moderators can you put it in the right section please?!

I wonder why till know there is no Z Ultra successor?!! I haven't upgrade my phone because I can’t find a good high-end phone with 6-6.4 inch screen.

Although I made most of my family switch to Sony phones e.g. XZ and the XZ1.. I am still waiting for the successor Slightly frowning Face

And what is wrong with XZ1 losing some features?! Mainly the double tap?!! The XZ didn’t lose that after the Oreo update so what is going on Developers!!

And also, the Xperia answering machine is gone from both phones which I didn’t notice till recently, why is it gone WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!

But I have to say that the XZ1 is really fast and feel good in hand and thin enough to give me the false feeling that I am holding a small Z Ultra.

The XZ premium is an amazing phone but not big enough and I don’t want to keep changing back-glass screen protector (traumatizing Z Ultra experience).

I guess what I am asking/hoping for is a 6-6.4 inch XZ1 version with the missing features

• Double tap.
  • Xperia answering machine.
  • Podcast app.
  • Play sound when battery is full.

Bonus: under Accessibility please add the option to flash the flash light when there is an incoming phone call or a text, that really help old people.

And no Glass back PLEEEEEEEEASE.

Any improvement in the camera department will be a very welcome surprise (maybe something called Dynamic Vibration System :smileysmileywinkSlightly smiling Face

And the main reasons why I am sticking with Sony phones for my daily use are:

• Fast updates (security and software) (compared to others).. although I wish they prolong the support for 3 years instead of 2.
  • Smooth software experience (at least for me).

WIN_20171127_21_57_32_Pro.jpgWIN_20171127_22_00_53_Pro.jpg

The tiny hearts are not intentional, there was a birthday party and I am too lazy to clean up.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: A wish that need to be fulfilled!

Podcasr back, please!

And double tap.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

This is pretty disturbing! I HOPE SONY READS THIS! From now on im going to boycott sony phone! My friends and relatives keep asking me what smartphone should they buy and I always tell them to buy anything except SONY! 

I FULLY REGRET BUYING XZ1 and NOW LOOKING TO DISPOSE OF IT! Angry Face

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

they can also bring back small aps

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Waiting for a Z Ultra successor. Still have hope...