account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A straight line spot visible on my Xz1

Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

A straight line spot visible on my Xz1

Yesterday i bought Xz1. From the very first time use i noticed a starting line shown on my display. I can see the line if i use notification bar or i make some calls... But it's not showing every time...

Guys please help me.. 

7 REPLIES 7
Genius
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: A straight line spot visible on my Xz1

@Amitdgp to understand your issue I will need you to take a screenshot when this issue occurs or a photo if it's something that you can't capture with a screenshot... But just so you know, if you cannot take a screenshot of this problem it is 99.99% an hardware issue and you must contact your Local support

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

IMG-20171006-WA0046.jpgBetween the wifi and Bluetooth icons

Regular
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Can't identify in screen shots.. I think this 100% hardware fault. But it's not visible for all times. Means if i look for a hour the same line show for 10-20 minutes and rest time is it ok. 

Genius
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Amitdgp it is anyway an hardware issue, you really need to contact your Local support to have the phone inspected or have it replaced from the retailer where you bought it.

Also, you say it doesn't happen all the time but still.. that could be an issue that can get worse. So yes. Local support or ask the retailer to replace it.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Today i visit my nearest sony authorized service center and show them my xz1. They are accpeting that there is any problem but they can't identify is this hardware issue or software issues. So they basically take some snap of my display and ask me for 3 days. Within 3 days they called me with some valuable resolution. 

Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

It is a phone 1 week old. Sony should replace it no question asked.

Apple would do it. Bose too. I talk by experience. 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I hope sony also exchange my faulty device.