account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A few questions (bugs) about XZ1.

Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

A few questions (bugs) about XZ1.

Hi! I have the XZ1 for a few weeks now - and I'm loving it A LOT. My favourite smartphone and my first Sony, but definitely not my last.

There's just a few things, nothing major, that I would like to ask (maybe some of you already know how to solve them) or report, if nobody is aware of them:

• since trying Ultra STAMINA mode, I keep getting that wallpaper on my lock screen randomly. My default wallpaper for home + lock screen is Xperia Loops. It stays on the home screen, but it changes to Ultra STAMINA mode wallpaper on the lock screen - I have no idea why and reset doesn't help.
    • solved by booting into Ultra STAMINA again. The first time I turned it off, wallpaper persisted, this time it didn't and everything is OK (for now).
  • I have Good night actions configured, but there's a slight issue with "Turn on Do not disturb" - when action goes off, it still plays a notification sound, which wakes me up if I go to sleep before Good night turns on. Additionally, it doesn't silence tap/lock sounds, despite DND being ON.

And more common things that I've already seen reported here and there, but would like to point out:

• Adaptive brightness is way too aggressive - it recognises the slightest change and instantly adapts to the light. I’ve seen this already mentioned a few times, so It’s nothing new.
  • WiFi data arrows on notification bar are separated from the icon, so when they appear/disappear, they key moving other icons.
  • Good night action has "Turn notification lights off" - this should be true for charging as well, but it isn't.

Thank you for any kind of help/feedback and best regards!