account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

5GHz Hotspot function on XZ1

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

5GHz Hotspot function on XZ1

The 2.4GHz hotspot easily interfere with BT.
When i use the hotspot and BT function that connect to 1000XM3, the headset function sometimes will be lost.
If the computer connect to the hotspot function with BT on, the wifi speed sometimes lower to under 200k.
I alwasy can't use the hotpot and BT both, but I only have the BT audio device.(headset or speaker).

I uses other brand also met the similar issues, but it have the 5GHz Hotspot function and work fine.
Is it probable to support 5GHz hotspot function on XZ1 in the future?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: 5GHz Hotspot function on XZ1

BT shouldn't be affected by other 2.4ghz signals,whatever...Use USB tethering,it's much faster anyway

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: 5GHz Hotspot function on XZ1

Yes, currently the network by USB share with BT heatset 1000MX3 is my short term solution.(at work)

Or I use the 3.5mm cable connect to my "BT speaker" and use 2.4GHz hotspot function.(at home)

But it is not the best solution due to the distance limited.

I'm not sure why I always meet the BT and Wireless 2.4GHz compatible issue.

It may cause by the environment that many 2.4GHz wireless single.

I can search over 10 2.4GHz wireless AP easily.

I just want to know the 5GHz hotspot will be support or not in the future.

The feature is the important phone function for me.