account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update

One time poster
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: 47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update

Well apart from the 'smart backlight has stopped working' problem ive had not one problem with any of my sony phones and ive been buying them since the sony Ericsson days, never owned another brand. Guess it must be how people look after them? If u mess about with them in ways u dont know or mistreat them, then sure ull have problems and get a brick after an update. Some people I guess 

One time poster
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

I'm encountering issues, too, after the February update. My XZ1 Compact occasionally freezes and restarts after totally arbitrary inputs, like activating Wifi or starting a text messages. Repair via Xperia Companion had no effect whatsoever. This is annoying. I don't see a point in rooting to downgrade or to send in the phone when there's clearly the need for an update fix. Or am I wrong?

Is there any chance someone from Sony could offer a statement here?!

Apprentice
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

I had excatly the same problems I was getting a error message saying system ui not responding the phone was freezing turn itself off, tryed software repair on companion many times in the end I had to send the phone for repair it was a software bug where they had to completely wipe the phone and do a full reinstall now my phone is back to how its meant to be. 

Visitor
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

I agreed, as for my observations in this new update my phone still freezes when my battery runs out to 15% and I need to restart my phone from freezing... 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Don't have any Freezes on my XZ1... but sure it takes bout 40 seconds before widgets are available after phone restart.
Just hope they'll fix the smart actions behave and battery smart charging, cause did't see it working since Pie update :-/ 

Personally I recommand to restart Xperia's after each app update, it sure won't hurt the device to restart system with new software, even if they say once a week is maximum you have to do to keep it smooth.

One time poster
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Hi ever I've got this update to my xz premium the Bluetooth playback goes mute for around six seconds at a time  This happens around every thirty seconds. I had no issues before  Its there anyway I can revert my system to the previous build  ? 

One time poster
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

Hello ! je n'ai pas vos problèmes car Sony n'a toujours pas proposé le 47.2.A.8.24 pour mon XZ1 Double Sim Français (G8342) !!!!!  Doit-je m"en soucier ?

Hello ! I do not have your problems because Sony still has not offered the 47.2.A.8.24 for my XZ1 Double Sim French (G8342) !!!!! Should I worry about it?

Hello ! When can i obtain update 47.2.A.8.24 for my Xperia XZ1 Dual Sim French (G8342) !!!!!!

Hello ! Quand puis-je trouver la mise à jour 47.2.A.8.24 pour mon XZ1 Double Sim Français (G8342) !!!!!

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Id really like to know too what the current situation is with Pie update causing multiple problems . I have been on another thread several times about it where several people were complaining of the same and other issues and a Sony representative replied saying anther update will follow shortly to address these issues . I see now one is available but I'm wary of installing it if it isn't going to fix any of the issues I'm having . What I'd like to know is specifically what issues are resolved here in this update or are NOT???? I'm not seeing much positive info on here from anyone about it.  Have Xz1 and would really like a reply from anyone from Sony as well as anyone else who has useful info on the update /fix here . 

Adviser
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

After more than a week I have to say that I love my new S10. A truly great display, Pie works perfectly fine and smooth. The whole device looks so much newer than the Xperia, it's almost unreal. And another very good thing: I finally have tap to wake again, another very bad decision that this was omitted on the Xperias.

Learner
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

@SXams wrote:

Installed 47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update yesterday.

No improvement. The phone still freezes (homescreen), even the Sony Clock and Weather widget hang.

Half a year with Pie now - and the phone became virtually useless after it was great with Oreo.

What a shame. Will not even consider buying another Xperia.

Totalmente de acuerdo . Abril 2019 y siguen exactamentr los problemas descritos. Confío en Xperia para solucionarlo. Pero rápido por favor

Totally agree . April 2019 and exactly follow the described problems. I trust Xperia to solve it. But fast please

gt