account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update

Adviser
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update

Installed 47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update yesterday.

No improvement. The phone still freezes (homescreen), even the Sony Clock and Weather widget hang.

Half a year with Pie now - and the phone became virtually useless after it was great with Oreo.

What a shame. Will not even consider buying another Xperia.

23 REPLIES 23
Learner
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: 47.2.A.8.24 February 2019 Update

Работает классно, был разочарован 8 и обновился до 9. Это как перейти с 2.2 на 4.4

It works great, was disappointed with 8 and updated to 9. This is how to switch from 2.2 to 4.4

gt

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Do not install updates, the sony company broke experia XZ1 with me - updates December 2018. Disable sony support and assistance in the application settings.

Adviser
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Problem solved.

After many many years buying Xperia Phones, I just pre-ordered a nice S10.

Another customer lost.

Sage
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

I moved to S9+ some months ago, after the pie update.

Visitor
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Hello I do not know what is going on with your phones or just have too much requirements but I have two xz1 s  .. one for personal use and another for work, my wife has xz premium and we do not have any complaints  We are still on previous update and in this moment I update one of them  We are absolutely satisfied of Sony's phones. Before these we had z5 premium  Amazing phones  

Rookie
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

I contacted Sony and sent my phone out 3 times. They finally fixed the problem on the third try. They sent me a new phone with pie pre installed. Runs fine. Try running it in safe mode, if that is the problem then you may have a warranty case (given the phone is less than a year old)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hi everybody, I have an XZ1 rooted and running the Official Xperia software. I have never encountered any issues with updating, whether it be OTA or flashing the firmware myself ( which I prefer and currently doing). Sending the phone to Sony or any service provider is not necessary in most cases. Most cases you just need to reflash your firmware which you can do yourself and takes about 10 minutes to do and does not cost you anything or having to go without a phone for a couple days. 

Still loving my XZ1

Adviser
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Good for you. I also liked the Xperias very much, until only trouble came up.

And yes, of course, I repaired the software completely with companion (total new installation, not even used any backup data), three times altogether. Waste of time. After a couple of hours, Clock, weather and homescreen froze again. Also two XZ1's in the household - both with the same faulty behaviour. Again, the phone was great until the moment Pie was released - since then it is useless. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

so how do you get problem solved ?i saw your comment below this,, i have same problem with that