account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xz1 bluetooth

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

xz1 bluetooth

hi,,,have had xperias z1,,,, z5 compact & now have the xz1 compact,,, however the xz1 compact keeps droppiing my parrot bluetooth connection in the car despite upgrading to oreo (8),,,, any help appreciated,,, replies to me,, many thanks ian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Re: xz1 bluetooth

Well, actually XZ1 shipped with Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box so the only upgrade you can have performed was the monthly security update.

Anyway, like the previous post suggested, Oreo is terrible with Bluetooth. Some devices work but some just don't work at all (like all modern BMW cars) without going into developer options and change settings. Then you get something that kind of works but not at all as good as with Nougat.

I have good hopes that most of the problems will disappear when Sony pushes out Android 8.1 to XZ1 and XZ1C. I don't think we will see it until sometime next year though since it was released just yesterday by Google.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Apprentice
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

In case of Oreo it's not "despite" but rather "because of".

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

actually it was doing it b4 the upgrade so don't think it was due to upgrade

Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Well, actually XZ1 shipped with Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box so the only upgrade you can have performed was the monthly security update.

Anyway, like the previous post suggested, Oreo is terrible with Bluetooth. Some devices work but some just don't work at all (like all modern BMW cars) without going into developer options and change settings. Then you get something that kind of works but not at all as good as with Nougat.

I have good hopes that most of the problems will disappear when Sony pushes out Android 8.1 to XZ1 and XZ1C. I don't think we will see it until sometime next year though since it was released just yesterday by Google.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for your reply, guessed it was something to do with that

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Go to settings>apps click on tge three dots in the top right select show system apps look for Bluetooth swlect saved storage> clear cache your problem should be fixed now it worked for me

Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi i have also Bluetooth problem with xz1 when phone using WiFi network and using Bluetooth head set plantronic voyager 5200 my headset is disconnecting sometimes and connecting again it's annoying because it does this things when I'm on the call with someone  anyone had the same issue maybe  if I turn WiFi off all working grand 

Commissioner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Have you tried changing the Bluetooth AVCRP version to 1.4? To do this:

1. Unpair both devices from each other.
  2. Go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> tap multiple times on "Build number" until you enable "Developer options"
  3. Go back to Settings -> System -> Developer options -> Networking -> Bluetooth AVRCP Version -> Choose AVRCP  1.4
  4. Restart your phone
  5. Pair devices and test

Worth a shot!

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi thanks for help yea I was trying that option in developers settings. Also I was doing software repair by Sony companion and factory reset even was using phone in safe mode without any app but still the same issue 

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

When my headphones are connected via bt and I'm using WiFi at the same time only to stream music from Spotify even if I'm close to phone sometimes I hear some brakes and even sometimes bt connection is lost so Spotify pause. The same situation when I connect Xz1 with my music system at home. This is strange. I had Z1 compact and there was no such problem.. those breaks are so annoying! There is no such problem using internet from mobile. Also when I try wire headphones even with WiFi also there is no such issue! Why oh why ;(