account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

wi-fi calling

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

wi-fi calling

Is XZ1 Compact capable of Wi-Fi calling. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: wi-fi calling

Yes it is, but you would need to speak with your service provider to see if they support it on this phone.

Your service provider may also have restrictions depending on what type of contract you have with them and they may need to provision it OTA.

5 REPLIES 5
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Yes it is, but you would need to speak with your service provider to see if they support it on this phone.

Your service provider may also have restrictions depending on what type of contract you have with them and they may need to provision it OTA.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Many thanks for reply to my query. Will check with my service provider. 3.

Commissioner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

No problem. I'm not sure about 3, but It works with Vodafone UK on my phone although it was restricted to phones with their firmware, but I believe that they do not restrict anymore.

Some other providers also restrict it to phones with their firmware only.

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I was in a similar position with Three when they stopped the InTouch app. My research suggested that Threes wifi calling wouldn't work with my sim free XZ1C.

I therefore swapped to Vodafone and it works great. I also tried my wife's EE sim, and that also worked. 

The funny thing is that Vodafones coverage is better in my village, so I don't actually need WiFi calling now! 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi Anjomi,

Many thanks for your suggestions will check them out. The Three inTouch wi-fi calling still appears to be working for me so far but will obviously have to find another option.  Think XZ1C works fine with O2.

Mike.