account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

phone wouldn't charge. Turned off phone, now wont turn back on

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

phone wouldn't charge. Turned off phone, now wont turn back on

Hi, Everytime i charge or transfer my files, the connector can be very dodgy where it feels like it doesn't fit right, i have to angle it to make it work. Today I could not make it work. Still had over half battery. I turned phone off to get out sim card to try in my partners phone, just incase I needed it tomorrow. And now I can't turn the phone off after I only turned it off for couple of minutes. Common fault? Any tips on how can get it on again? Or if not, who do i contact/see to see about getting it fixed?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Adept
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: phone wouldn't charge. Turned off phone, now wont turn back on

I've never had a connector problem, but my phone blacked out and died as well. Had to get the mainboard replaced (luckily warranty) 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @princesslawa, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

You should not have to angle it to get it to work when you want to charge the device or to transfer files, it should just click in and start charging / pop-up as a device in your computer.

Have you tried with a different cable? Just to make sure that it's not the cable that is the cause of this.

Regarding that the device is not turning on, try holding the power button and volume up button pressed at the same time for 10 seconds and see if you are able to turn it on again. If you still aren't able to do so, hold the same button combination for 2 minutes and ignore all vibrations > charge the device until you see a battery icon on the screen > start it up again.

If you still aren't able to power it on, your Local support team will arrange a repair for you, or inform you if there are any authorized service centres in your area that you can visit.

Let me know how it goes!

@Mehmeh, It's never fun to experience unexpected behaviour with the device, however I'm glad to hear that it covered by the warranty and that the device is working again after having it repaired!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hey Jonas. Pretty lame behaviour of Sony to only post empathic posts on issues that require a physical fix. How about you guys doing something about the battery muncher (and other extremely annoying issues) called Pie (android 9 update)? Why do you guys fail to respond to actual issues of which users take time to report them? Don't ACT empathic, BE empathic and do something with the issue. Every time Sony brings major updates, there are new issues! I've lost my faith in Sony's "quality" standards.