account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

forgotten my 4 digit pin code

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

forgotten my 4 digit pin code

I have forgotten my 4 digit pin number to unlock my phone. Is there a way that i can unlock it or reset the pin number?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: forgotten my 4 digit pin code

Hi @Clarabella!

First off all, are you sure that it's the screen lock that you can't remember? It's not asking you for a PIN code to unlock your SIM card? Why I am asking is because the only way to remove the screen lock is to reset the device and the reset will delete all data stored on the internal storage.

You can try and remove the SIM card from your device and see if you helps, otherwise you will need to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have forgotten my 4 digit pin number for my android phone but not the screen lock. Is there a way that i can unlock it or reset the pin number?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @VJ2016, welcome to our community!

Is it the code that you are using to unlock Android to start up the device? This is the same code as your screen lock, so try with that one and see if you are able to get into the device again.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.