account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

battery drain after 47.1.A.12.205 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

battery drain after 47.1.A.12.205 update

After June update (version 47.1.A.12.205) battery in my Xperia XZ1 compact lasts less time before update.

It takes about 5% of battery per hour when it is not used at all.

Today I have a call for something about 20 minutes recived some texts and e-mail notifications and battery dropped to 47% in less than 10 hours from fully charged.

Are there any chances that this bug will be fixed earlier than in next month ?

Screenshot_20180614-153053.pngScreenshot_20180614-153047.pngScreenshot_20180614-153030.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Re: battery drain after 47.1.A.12.205 update

It seems that restarting phone helped with this issue. But I do not want to restart phone many times per day Slightly frowning Face

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Adviser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

I have also noted that battery drain faster after update. But the weird thing is when I  am in my job office (without wifi) the battery is not draining. But when I come home the draining will start and it is same if the phone is conneted to wifi or not. The draining is something amazing. This morning I had 100% and now 55% and I have not used my phone so much. 

I am little bit tired of android and its "properties". I have used also "the applephones" and they are working without any problems

Talent
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

We discussed this issue here also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/help/battery-life-bit-odd-t3688342/page8

Couldnt find the culprit. I also have drain in wifi and not Data (3g, 4g).

This drain came before the .205 update...

Sometime I have drain, sometimes not. Its a weird thing and pretty hard to find the culprit.

@TK_Fin wrote:

I have also noted that battery drain faster after update. But the weird thing is when I  am in my job office (without wifi) the battery is not draining. But when I come home the draining will start and it is same if the phone is conneted to wifi or not. The draining is something amazing. This morning I had 100% and now 55% and I have not used my phone so much. 

I am little bit tired of android and its "properties". I have used also "the applephones" and they are working without any problems

Adviser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

It seems that restarting phone helped with this issue. But I do not want to restart phone many times per day Slightly frowning Face

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I have had the same problem and is makes it difficult to use my phone. I go to bed with my phone fully charged and when I wake up 8 hours later 60% of the battery capacity is already used up. Before the 47.1.A.12.205 update my phone used maybe 15% of its capacity while I was sleeping.

During the day, when I dont use the phone much, it used to maybe use 2% an hour, but not its 6-7%. I got this phone because I hve heard good things about the battery, and the Stamina Mode. But I am not consdering if I should switch brands, because I have to bring an extra battery with me at all times to make sure my phone doesnt die.

Is there a fix to this problem? It started once the new update was installed to my phone, in early June.

Talent
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

LOL, Sony Mods put this as solved. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Yes, I noted that this is solved Slightly smiling Face  So my advice to restart phone several time per day Slightly smiling Face Now I  have other problem. After this update the phone is started to lag Slightly frowning Face 

Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I made Facrory reset and was setting up phone one night Slightly smiling Face

The facrory reset seems to help battery draining. It also solved many other problems. Only one new problem came up - TomTom One app is not working because it seems the app is not compatible Android 8.0.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@One time poster

I see you have 3G active, check if the problem with 2G also occurs. A factory reset did not help me, the high battery consumption only exists under 3G, without a causer being able to be identified.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Its still not solved!!!! My sony Xperia XZ1 compact has the same problem! I ignored updates if I bought the phone. One day I decided those "notifications" are annoying and did all the updates. Today at 9:12 i took my phone (less than 1 year old) away from the charger. Came to work, its 16:00 here now, and it gave me a 15% warning... for real THIS IS NOT SOLVED!!!!!

AND this IS software, intentional or not, MISTAKE!

I will do factory reset today, and no more updates for me... Also no future sony mobile phones.

(yes, 4G was in - Before updates 4G was in too and it lasted for 4 days if i didnt watch youtube) 

#XZ1 Compact