account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xz1 compact no audio through earpiece. Have to answer calls on speakerphone.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 31
Message 11 of 31

Re: Xz1 compact no audio through earpiece. Have to answer calls on speakerphone.

Hi @Martinsbelli, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Service cases are always a bit tricky to answer here at our Global user based forum as they are always handled locally since the routines, warranty terms and consumer laws varies between markets/regions.

Have you tried contacting your Local support team and asked them for assistance with having your device repaired? If you haven't bought the device in the country where you live and it's not launched in your market, you will need to get in touch with the seller.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 12 of 31
Message 12 of 31

Re: Xz1 compact no audio through earpiece. Have to answer calls on speakerphone.

Same here. In my case it started after I dropped my phone from a sitting position onto carpeted floor. No external damage whatsoever from the fall. When I searched YouTube on how to replace the earpiece I found that it's not very sturdy on there to begin with. The good news is it will only cost me $20 CAD to fix myself. I didsho point out this was after my audio jack stopped working. Took me a few hours to figure out it was lint. I have to say I've never had a phone so delicate before, and I've had a lot of phones.

Learner
Message 13 of 31
Message 13 of 31

Same problem here with my phone. It's only 3 months old, and yesterday just realized that I can't hear the call through the earpiece. It's so bad to see that this can happen with a new phone. I really liked it and still do. I was a Sony costumer, until now I've had only Sony phones, I hope the Sony companion can fix this issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 31
Message 14 of 31

Hi @gmarcoux, sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

Even if there is no visible damage after a fall, there can still be damage to the internal parts in the device that are not visible unless you/a technician opens up the device.

Did you get everything sorted out?

@Attila3, very sorry to hear about your device. Slightly frowning Face

Have you had the time to try and perform the software repair and if you have, how did it go?

Keep me posted!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 15 of 31
Message 15 of 31

Hello,

I don't know how, but yesterday it came back to normal again

Highlighted
Learner
Message 16 of 31
Message 16 of 31

I did nothing to it, just came back and the earpiece works again. I hope it will stay like this now.

Visitor
Message 17 of 31
Message 17 of 31

Same here. Mine just started to work on it's own again. So strange

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 31
Message 18 of 31

Hi again!

@Attila3, that is very interesting and I'm really glad to hear that is started to work again.

Do you remember if you updated the device or updated any application just prior to the earspeaker starting to work again, or if you perhaps changed anything else?

@gmarcoux, I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now as well!

Did you update the device or update any applications when it started working again?

Thank you both in advance! Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 19 of 31
Message 19 of 31

Hello,

There was no update as far as I remember on none of my applications, and programs on the phone. I used the phone on the laud speaker when I had a call for about a week, and than I realized at one call that I can hear my wife through the ear piece. And I'm glad it works again! I hope it will stay like this now.

Visitor
Message 20 of 31
Message 20 of 31

Hey @jonas I didn't do anything, I was trying to duplicate the issue to show my wife and it was just working all of a sudden