account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ1C speaker volume difference

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ1C speaker volume difference

Hey there,

I've just noticed the bottom speaker of my Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) being louder than the top one. This happens regardless of the audio source (e.g. music over the music app or YouTube videos) or sound settings (ClearAudio+ on/off, S-Force on/off, et cetera). Is this supposed to happen or is my unit defective?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ1C speaker volume difference

I'm having the same issue.

Going to return my unit, that's not what I call "stereo speaker".

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ1C speaker volume difference

I notice a slight difference in that the right (bottom) speaker is very slightly louder sounding, but the difference isn't great. As I understand it certain compromises are made to permit the left speaker being used as an earpiece with sufficient low volume sensitivity. As far as I know, all stereo phones that I've had where one of the speakers functions as an earpiece all have this discrepancy to a greater or lesser degree. It's quite different from the tweeter/woofer arrangement that HTC uses in some of their phones in that, despite the slight discrepancy between the speakers, there is a true stereo left and right channel.