account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ1C just died and not charging

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

XZ1C just died and not charging

I bought my XZ1 compact 40~ days ago, and I've always charged it with the SONY charger. This morning, I had it on my desk while I was using web whatsapp on the PC. So basically it was not low on battery and I was not doing anything strange with it, when suddently it just died. Like it turned off. It won't turn back on and it's not even charging. I've left it charging for an hour and still no response. I've tried the button combination thing but nothing happened, and I also tried charging it by PC usb port or with another charger.

Note that the battery was working just fine, like I had to wait 30 to 40 hours before charging it. The only notable change was the latest android update, and the phone would give me an error message, something like "Retroilluminazione non risponde" in italian, I think it would be something like "Backlight app has stopped responding" or something like that. But I don't know if that is of any relevance.

Do you have any other tips I should try?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: XZ1C just died and not charging

Hi,

I've got the same problem... What did you do?

Does your phone work again?

Bella

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

No, 

I had to send it back and get a refund. :/

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Just had the same issue. Phone is 1 year old, I put it to charge with battery at 10%. When I picked it up a bit later, it was not responding at all, also not charging. Led was still blinking green once in a while. Tried multiple tricks.. eventually I managed to get it started again following video on YouTube: 'How to fix Xperia Z3 won't turn on' by David Novak. After 'press volume up and power' phone vibrated 3 times..  Then powered up. Showed a sort of 'work in progress' sign for a while, then rebooted!

Adept
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Had the some problem once. Had to send it in to get main board replaced.

CBX
One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

The 'Volume Up' and Power button trick worked for my compact XZ1 - thanks!

Rookie
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

How long do you have to press volume up and power button .

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Jigsaw22 

about 10 seconds

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

It worked for me! Thanks very much! Slightly smiling Face