account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

Inhabitant
Message 71 of 76
Message 71 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts

Actually I haven't had a restart in a very long time, and even Smart Lock suddenly started working without the workaround. I'm starting to think that Google has fixed this through their Google app on Play Store.

Now downloading 47.1.A.12.34 OTA.

Adviser
Message 72 of 76
Message 72 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts

I've had the problem since I had the phone too (November 2017) . Did a software repair a month ago which made no difference.  Did the firmware update to 47.1.A.12.34 a couple of nights ago.... Still randomly restarting... Even if I've not been using the phone for a bit (I only noticed when I tried to use my phone it said "Pin required after restarts"

Visitor
Message 73 of 76
Message 73 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

Hi there I found really weird and annoying bug, which is caused by downloading data by 3rd party app Vainglory game, when it downloads it's data (not on google playstore but in-app) and I want to minimise app duringd downloading and do something else the phone becomes literally unusable, pressing home or multitasking takes 10 seconds if you have luck, phone is laggy like it has 1Mhz core processor, I think it's something with the software which cant handle using memory and doing anything else at the time, could you try it on your xz1 and tell me if you have the same problem? 

One time poster
Message 74 of 76
Message 74 of 76

My XZ1 (not compact) has been randomly restarting with no common pattern or something. It just restarts, sometimes 4-5 timesttin a row and sometimes it just restarts one time and it is okay and I heard it is a problem about OreoOin general it even happens in Google's pixels too

One time poster
Message 75 of 76
Message 75 of 76

Exact same problem and seems to be getting worse. It has made me never want to have a Sony phone again. Which is a shame as I have been a Sony phone fan for the last 7 years. Tried resetting, rebooting, uninstalling apps but the problem persists. Sadly eight months to go before an upgrade. Going to be a long eight months.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 76 of 76
Message 76 of 76

I had the same problem. I just bought the phone, installed all the updates OTA, then it started to reboot randomly. After 2 days, I had to flash a wifi qr-code and then it froze and went in bootloop.

The firmware version is 47.1.A.12.145.

I have the chance to halt it, but I had to go very fast at the end of the boot.

I finally sent it back to the vendor. I was a big fan a Sony smartphones, but I'm very dissapointed by the lack of support...