account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

Emperor
Message 51 of 76
Message 51 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

@Iantastic77

I've read your threat and your spamming posts, that it is NOT tolerated here, I'm not sure if you are aware but this is a global user based forum, follow @Quester's suggestion and contact your Local support to get your device evaluated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 52 of 76
Message 52 of 76

28 hours without reboot after disabeling OK Google in Smart lock menu. New record.. 😀

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 76
Message 53 of 76

>28 hours without reboot after disabeling OK Google in Smart lock menu. New record

Could you elabolate this?

Not just disabling Google voice search from Google app?

Learner
Message 54 of 76
Message 54 of 76

Just saw thats I completely disabeled OK Google. No reboot since 45 h.

Edit :  still runnig without reboot. 68 h. Even my car bluetooth did not force a reboot.

Inhabitant
Message 55 of 76
Message 55 of 76

Just got a reboot while at work. So problem isn't completely fixed in the new firmware but it doesn't happen that often anymore.

Talent
Message 56 of 76
Message 56 of 76

got two reboot today. one when receving a whatsapp call; the phone freezed and didnt respond to any command.

the other one is whil video recording. it just freezed, came back, but didnt execute any comands, like restart or shut down.

weird.

ithought it might be a android 8 bug with some apps not totally compatible, but i think theirs a problem witrh sony rom too.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 57 of 76
Message 57 of 76

Read my comment on page 3 from 2 weeks ago on how to turn off Ok Google, no reboots or crashes since then. The issue is google clashing with software I suppose. 

Inhabitant
Message 58 of 76
Message 58 of 76

Not in my case. My phone is not set to English so 'ok Google' is disabled by default. Just got another reboot at work. For me it's the eduroam WiFi (802.1x) that causes it.

One time poster
Message 59 of 76
Message 59 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts

mine does the same. i open camera and it freezes on first use of the day whether it is for picture or video. same applies when i plug my earphones in or aux lead to listen in my car. i have to force restart and it is a pain

Regular
Message 60 of 76
Message 60 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts

Just checked the whole thread about these "random" reboots as i am having the same problem

Now as I am in the same boat as you who are checking this thread I will try disabling the Google Assistant, as some USER mentioned that by doing this resolved his problem. 

To do  that, you'll need to go to : Settings - Apps & notificationsApp info - ( search app ) Google - FORCE STOP , and then DISABLE ( it's important to mention that the app it will ask you to UNISTALL the updates; Just agree with it ).

P.S. I'll come back with any feedback on how this worked out. Good or bad.

Best of luck to everyone.

This matter should be kept a secret !?