account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

Learner
Message 41 of 76
Message 41 of 76

Re: XZ1 compact Freezes or restarts / reboot itself

Crashes seems 2 be better with the New Update AND not using another Themes from the play store..

we will see... 

Inhabitant
Message 42 of 76
Message 42 of 76

I agree. I didn't get a single reboot at work today. Will see tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Visitor
Message 43 of 76
Message 43 of 76

I have just got a new unlocked Xz1 compact to replace my year old z 5 compact which stopped working properly after it was updated by Sony and the camera stopped working and could not be fixed, Sony were utterly useless and offered absolutely no support.

I had spent over £300 on that brand new phone and think it is disgusting that Sony obviously don't care about customers support and fixing software faults with their products.

After literally months of trying to resolve the problem and get the camera working again I gave up and bought a brand new unlocked Xz1 compact and which I have had now for about a month however it is constantly freezing lagging hanging apps crash and freeze all the time it's slow unresponsive and often restarts itself for no reason or just shuts down this is clearly another software problem and is really not good enough I have paid another £500 for this phone and Sony have again released a product on to the market which is full of bugs and glitches and is clearly not fit for purpose, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues or has had any other response from Sony other than softwate updates /repair via the PC app which does absolutely nothing.

The phone is also constantly beeping I keep getting multiple notification beeps 6 to 10 all at once at random times but when I look at the phone there are no notifications this really is the buggiest most glitchy phone I have ever experienced and is really not good enough. 

I have had Sony phones for the last 10 years or more as to me Sony represented good quality product and good customer service  but after these last two phones and literally spending the best part of £1000 on phones that don't work properly I am extremely disappointed, dissatisfied, let down and feel angry,  conned and ripped off by Sony.

Get your act together and test your phones and software before you release it Sony. 

Visitor
Message 44 of 76
Message 44 of 76

How about answering or the post or fixing the problem? 

I guess it's easier to remove negative posts than to fix the problem. 

I have had no response to the emails I have sent the support team and the Sony support live chat is not working, this is the second time I have bought a brand new phone from Sony (Z5 compact ZX1 compact) both of which have software problems caused by Sony and support is literally non existent. 

Message 45 of 76
Message 45 of 76

@Iantastic77

Did you actually try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 46 of 76
Message 46 of 76

Yes of course multi times with the Z5c and XZ1c

Numerous factory resets software repairs etc many support tickets opened and emails sent but no response ever

Message 47 of 76
Message 47 of 76

@Iantastic77

And when you reset your phone, do you take your time testing it before installing your apps? Or do you restore your backups and apps list before testing?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 48 of 76
Message 48 of 76

I have done everything by the book exactly as sony suggests over and over again have followed advice given on forums but nothing  works.

But that is not the point this is the second brand new sony phone I have bought in a year neither of which work. It's not up to me to try to fix it its up to Sony who are totally useless I have spent the nearly £900 on two phones which don't work properly it's obvious Sony don't care as soon they have my money and I have two faulty phones 

Message 49 of 76
Message 49 of 76

@Iantastic77

Then if you think your phone is faulty, contact your Local support and issue an appointment for inspection, return, or refund (depending on your warranty terms and consumer laws in your country).

Regular
Message 50 of 76
Message 50 of 76

@Iantastic77 wrote:

Yes of course multi times with the Z5c and XZ1c

Numerous factory resets software repairs etc many support tickets opened and emails sent but no response ever

You can try the solution I wrote in the third page or something, just look for my username in older comments. Shutting down google detection fixed my issue and I haven't had any reboots or crashes, not even in apps and I wrote in detail how to find it and turn it off