account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ1 and XZ1 Compact - Different image quality

Talent
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: XZ1 and XZ1 Compact - Different image quality

Gsm arena already did this far better than what we will be able to do in a shop with demo phones... Open up their photo comparison tool and you can compare in both good light and low light.. You can choose 3 phones at a time, just perfect to add the amazing iphones you are talkin about or a older xperia phone.. 

Regular
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

No, I am not talking an older Xperia model. These were demo phones in an official Sony shop in Central Rama 9 Mall, Bangkok, Thailand.

Regular
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

@Quester

If I am around there soon again I will to get the copy of the image files sent to me.

... screw it! I will just go now. Hopefully Iwill have original images to post here wihtin a few hours. That is, if it's possible and staff allow me.

Wish me luck =)

Talent
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

What do you mean you are not talking about older models? I am telling you, you can compare the xz1, xz1 c, and a older model which shoots "great" all at once... or the xz1 ,xz1c and a iphone... or just the xz1 and xz1 c.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

@Xz1c wrote:

Gsm arena already did this far better than what we will be able to do in a shop with demo phones... Open up their photo comparison tool and you can compare in both good light and low light.. You can choose 3 phones at a time, just perfect to add the amazing iphones you are talkin about or a older xperia phone.. 

GSMArena also have a highly specific process that has been refined over many, many years... A process which not only goes right into the most absolute details - if you're that way inclined - but a process which also ensures consistency between reviews.

Anyway @KenBKK, I'll make it easy for you - here is the direct links to the "camera" section of the reivews for the Apple iPhone 8Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and Sony Xperia XZ1... Review these until your heart's content, because these results are far more accurate than those you posted above:

Who wins? I don't know, and I don't really care to be honest... I'm quite happy with my Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra. Smiling Face with Sunglasses

But if I was arguing one camera was better than the other, I'd be using the reviews above as a starting point, considering they're taken in "controlled conditions" to guarantee a test without bias using a consistent formula...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Pioneer
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

I've spent 1 month with XZ1 and switched to XZ1 Compact, and I was not able to see any difference in pictures taken with XZ1 vs XZ1 Compact, i.e. oversharpening, overprocessing, and poor low light performance was present on both devices.

The frontal camera is different on XZ1 and XZ1 Compact, but that does not seem to be what is discussed here.

(shrugs)

No longer using XZ1C