account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ1 Compact GPS not working after Android PIE update

Apprentice
Message 61 of 66
Message 61 of 66

Re: XZ1 Compact GPS not working after Android PIE update

I was happy, because my GPS worked like a clock, untill I left Sweden and turned The Phone into "flightmode" then everything about wher I am, stoped working?? I am now in Murmansk, trying to follow where I go, but it does not work at all?

I also tryed my app "GPS test" and it shows apr. 30 satelites is visible but no fix?? Then I guese that gps is working, but not showing my position in any app!?!? Why? And as always I say, what is Sony doing About it?? Or are they expecting that The user fix it?? And now I am trying to ad a screeshot of GPS test, but that is a fail?? Screenshot_20190830-102924.png

One time poster
Message 62 of 66
Message 62 of 66

I have tried many options - so my gps works  bad, sometimes. It works fine for whole week, fix during a few seconds, accuracy about 5m. A then, suddenly, without some reason, works bad or at all. Gps test app shows 26 satelits and my XZ1C connects nothing. This situation takes for example a half day and then, without any changes, it works...

I'm thinking about returning to Oreo.

Does it make any sense? 

Learner
Message 63 of 66
Message 63 of 66

After one year of bad GPS it is now totally imposible to use Google Maps for navigation purposes.

Bought myself a Samsung S10e after 4 Sony Compacts to solve this issue. My son will be using the XZ1 Compact. With his 12 years of age he won't be using the navigation option but now he can play Fortnite on his mobile phone.

Apprentice
Message 64 of 66
Message 64 of 66

Exactly my problem to. Somtime it works perfectly, and then I cant see at all where I am?? Very strange. So that might suggest that it is not an uppdate problem?? It must be something else. I have an SOS app in my phone and I realy whant it to see where I am or otrherwise might not help in an emegency situation?!?!?!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 65 of 66
Message 65 of 66

I had a whole mainboard changed last month (on warranty). No issues since.

Apprentice
Message 66 of 66
Message 66 of 66

Glad for you, but my phone is out of warranty! And these days it is not working any good. When I go and ski, I have my Polar V800 to register my puls, and tracking my moves. And I also run "Runkeeper" on my phone and it differs a lot! Bad!