account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi connection problem

Talent
Message 51 of 108
Message 51 of 108

Re: Wifi connection problem

Well, the "repair" by Sony didn't fix it.

Here is the message I just sent to Sony:

"This phone is just as broken as it was when I sent it to you for repairs!
I received it on June 9th and connected it to my home network.
It remained connected until now, June 14 at 3:00PM CDT.
It is back to reporting,
"Connected, no internet".
It keeps cycling through, "Saved", "Obtaining IP Address", "Connected, no internet".

I have two other android phones, an Amazon and a Samsung that are connected to the same network and are purring like kittens

I shipped this phone back to you for repairs on May 8. 
You had this phone for nearly 30 days (allow a few days for shipping each way).
I paid over $600 for this phone and had to do without it for over 30 days.

What are you going to do???

Regular
Message 52 of 108
Message 52 of 108

Since two updates ago, this problem never came back. Thank you.

Talent
Message 53 of 108
Message 53 of 108

What versions do you have?

About phone shows mine:

Android  =8.0.0

security parch =May 1, 2018

Baseband version =8998-8998.gen.prodQ-00197-26

Kernel =4.4.78-perf+ BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Tue Apr 17 10:35:03 2018

Build number =47.1.A.12.179

One time poster
Message 54 of 108
Message 54 of 108

This is actually getting absolutely ridiculous now I really don't like this phone anymore because of this issue, I am on .205 firmware and the WiFi signal is constantly dropping all the time and then reconnecting. Why would sony make a faulty phone

Regular
Message 55 of 108
Message 55 of 108

Me too, once I get the update 12.205 on june 6 is working without any issue.

I think that the latest updates causes this kind of issues because right now my wifi is working very fine.

Talent
Message 56 of 108
Message 56 of 108

A week ago I reported that Sony returned my "repaired" phone after having it for nearly a month.  Six days later, "Connected, no Internet".  I began a back and forty email messaging with them.  They want me to return it (again) and I don't want to be without my phone for another month.  Not resolved yet.

Then two days ago I got the update from 179 to 205.  Next AM, "Connected no Internet).

So I experimented a little.  I left it in that state for three hours then went to a different location with a different network.  I put in the password for this new network and it worked fine.  I used it there for over an hour then returned home.  Still "Connected, no Internet" at home.  I restarted the phone and it connected fine and has stayed connected for 24+ hours.

I wonder, my home network is configured as a mesh network.  Could that be confusing the phone?

Learner
Message 57 of 108
Message 57 of 108

Hello everybody.

One of my old tablets had a bug and WIFI sleep policy needed to be set to NEVER.

After trying all lots of solutions and nothing worked i remembered this and put NEVER on my XPERIA XZ1 Compact - its working like a charm for 4 days now.

All solutions offered are saying to put WIFI sleeping policy to ALWAYS ON but i think its generic line and nobody didnt try the other way.

Test it please and inform if it works for you.

I hope it works for you too

Screenshot_20180624-092026.png

Talent
Message 58 of 108
Message 58 of 108

Interesting.  I set it to Never a few days ago and it always connected.

This morning, "Connected, no internet".  It kept cycling, trying to connect and failing to get the internet.

I checked WIFI sleep and it was "Always".

Now I set it back to Never.

No comment about where Always came from.

One time poster
Message 59 of 108
Message 59 of 108

I just switched from a X compact to an XZ1 comact and was excited for a premium device until this.

The wifi cuts out ALL THE TIME

I cant get apps to load in a timely manner. Sometimes they don't load properly at all. I can be at home on a very strong signal and this still happens when my other devices have no issue.

My phone details are the same as PeteCals.

The other thing i notice, is that the networks page sometimes does not show the wifi it is connected to, but the last place i was connected to the internet. So if it drops out, i cant reselect "connect"

Does anyone else have this issue?

Commissioner
Message 60 of 108
Message 60 of 108

Yes a lot of people have this issue and lots of other issues related to WiFi.

It's been over 6 months since WiFi issues were originally reported, hundreds and hundreds of posts across multiple threads and Sony still haven't replied once (although they reply to other threads regularly).

For all that is holy, if reliable  WiFi is important to you and the device is still within return period then return it. Sony either don't care or have no idea how to fix it hence won't acknowledge the issue.

To anyone that is reading this that is thinking of buying this device and if you need reliable WiFi: don't buy it. Sure it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone but you may be one of the unlucky where it is broken straight away or even worse it develops down the line (with future updates) where you have no option to return it for refund.