account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Wifi connection problem

Learner
Message 41 of 108
Message 41 of 108

Re: Wifi connection problem

I have the same problem with my phone since updating it to 179. This is so bad before this update my phone worked perfect, and now it is not. 

Come on Sony get it solved! I don't want to wait to the next patch hurry up!

Talent
Message 42 of 108
Message 42 of 108

Maybe it is time for everybody to send back phones that are still under warranty like I did.

Now for the irony.  I bought this XZ1C in January to replace my FirePhone with a cracked screen.

Since I returned my XZ1C I went back to my cracked FirePhone.

When I was using the FirePhone I was pretty pi$$ed at a whole lot of little things with the FirePhone.

I was really looking forward to the XZ1C and loved it for two months.

Now that I am back to the FIrePhone I am starting to think that maybe it isn't so bad.  For the last 4 or 5 days, every time I look at the phone it is still connected to the wifi.  I didn't realize how paranoid I was about the XZ1C staying connected.    If Sony doesn't fix this I could be looking for a FirePhone.

Regular
Message 43 of 108
Message 43 of 108

And now we are all facing this problem. At first I thought it was my wifi's problem, but it's not. Come on Sony, listen to our consult, we are now countless XZ1C user having the wifi issue since the last update you've done. Why Sony tweak too much? 

Commissioner
Message 44 of 108
Message 44 of 108

@PeteCal

As the man said:

I feel your pain. :-(

I hope SONY gets this situation sorted out ASAP. IN the meantime, I'm certainly not going to install 12.179 unless it is fixed before it gets to the USA.

Regular
Message 45 of 108
Message 45 of 108

OK I think that I got the resolution or at least in my case is working this last days. 

In settings go to Apps, enable view system apps, search System UI and Settings on both apps clear the cache first and the data then.

Reset the mobile, thats works for me. 

Commissioner
Message 46 of 108
Message 46 of 108

@chichudox

Please let us know whether the wifi problem eventually returns.

Thanks.

Talent
Message 47 of 108
Message 47 of 108

One time poster
Message 48 of 108
Message 48 of 108

Been having wifi problems since the 179 update. Wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting. I'm never connected for more than a couple of minutes, then it disconnects again. Wasn't having any issues before the update...

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 108
Message 49 of 108

I've found a couple of bugs with wifi.

ive found that if your at home (and have wifi that your phone usually connects to) but your phone hasnt connected to your wifi yet and you have wifi scanning turned off, if you go to settings and try to look at the battery status it will most likely be blank. and if you go into the battery info it will start to freeze up the phone.

then it will disable wifi for some reason and only way to get wifi working again is to restart the phone.

One time poster
Message 50 of 108
Message 50 of 108

My Xz1 ia also having wifi drops, disconnecting and connecting multiple times everyday. I recall having this issue on my old xperia Z3c. Meanwhile I've used MANY Android devices and never had a problem with WiFi, used HTC 10 before this device and never had this problem, not once. I'm 100% sure its Sony problem and not Google. Sony is doing something wrong and i believe its hardware. This problem is going on for years now and doesnt seem like Sony cares enough to fix this, must be hardware-based.