account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi connection problem

Talent
Message 61 of 108
Message 61 of 108

Re: Wifi connection problem

I don't know if this information fell in the crack but I did send my phone to Sony for repairs.  Since it was returned to me it has failed three times over a three week period.  And one of those was after the upgrade to ....205.

Before I sent it to them it was failing every other day or so.

Thus I consider it a major improvement.  I reported the "after the repair" failures to Sony and we left it sort of up to me about further repairs.  Right now I am living with the problem and if the failure rate continues I believe I will live with it.

Note, it took about a month from the day I left it at FedEx until FedEx returned it.

Talent
Message 62 of 108
Message 62 of 108

I guess you could say I am using this thread as  "log".

Log another failure on July 5.

Commissioner
Message 63 of 108
Message 63 of 108

I finally gave up on Friday. Got an invoice from my mobile provider - showed over 2GB of mobile data usage in one session just over a week ago whilst I should have been connected to WiFI (was streaming a football match at home). Luckily when I called them they agreed to rerate the data use as a one off.

So I purchased a new mobile on the Saturday (different manufacturer) and no issues since. It's actually amazing how much you don't realise the compromises you make with a device not working properly - no longer do I have to check wifi is connected properly, bluetooth is on the right version, toggle and restart the device daily to get smart lock working and so on.

The XZ1C is going for repair then onto Ebay. Good luck everyone, hope you get all your issues sorted!

Apprentice
Message 64 of 108
Message 64 of 108

I too have given up on this phone. Unfortunately tied to contract for another 18 months.. Upped my data and screw the wifi. Sony you are useless.. Never again.. 

Talent
Message 65 of 108
Message 65 of 108

Forget it guys. Months has passed with this problem still around

No word from Sony.

Move to another brand.

Learner
Message 66 of 108
Message 66 of 108

I received brand new XZ1C today (Build: 47.1.A.12.119) - SV/CS/PL distribution. I was trying to enable Wifi on first run to configure my google account, but it has failed every time i tried. So i inserted SIM card in order to download system updates and applications using mobile data. I was hoping that updates will fix that wi-fi problem, but i was wrong. I had similar situation in the past, when i could't connect to wi-fi or it worked very slow on Asus tablet (Android 6). After upgrade to Android 7 problem was solved.

Now, the device build is: 47.1.A.12.179 and problem still exists. Wi-fi changes the state: "Connected", "Connected, no internet" etc. When it uses state "Connected" there is a huge lag when i try to download something or even open simple webpage. It is totally useless. I have tested wifi network bandwitch at the same time using Speedtest app on XZ1C and Nexus4 (which was to be replaced) and "Jitter" value is very high every time i'm trying test XZ1C.

I thought that Sony provides fixes for all problems, but i'm totally destroyed now, reading this thread :/

Enthusiast
Message 67 of 108
Message 67 of 108

The Wi-Fi issue

Is there any support update on this issue yet. 

My wifi stopped working with the January software update.

The June update helped a little and I managed to get a few minutes at a time before having to turn wifi option off and on. 

July update is back to zero again. If I leave my wifi on I get no message, notifications until I remember to swap bk to data again. 

All and any emails to support end in the copy and paste reply.. (turn it off and on etc) 

The original threads in both xz1 and xz1 compact have been ignored by support for about 5 month and private messages are also ignored  

I haven't read any other topics so I'm wondering 

Are there still support staff in the forum?

If so have they been told to ignore the issue.? 

Got phone October 30th.  

Stopped working on January software update. 

I've had my phone for almost 9 months and had no WiFi for the last 7

Does anyone have any solution to this yet? Screenshot_20180722-145823.png

Regular
Message 68 of 108
Message 68 of 108

Re: The Wi-Fi issue

Nearly same here  I couldn't connect to known wifi. To get it working /connect to wifi I had to restart the phone. 

Regular
Message 69 of 108
Message 69 of 108

Exactly the same here with my xz1c, I couldn't connect to my known wifi APNs or my router, it always disconnecting or show me very bad signal, I have to reboot every time the xz1c, after reboot it works for the current wifi connection.

Message 70 of 108
Message 70 of 108

I also got got screwed by this phone, i don't really have a droping connection but there is some lag to initiate the connection when downloading or loading something seems to be random

Also the fact that when the phone is on standby the wifi wont work so no notifications etc, and as soon as you turn it on it will connect again.(and no it's not the wifi sleep policy option)