account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi connection problem

Regular
Message 11 of 107
Message 11 of 107

Re: Wifi connection problem

Spoke with the support right now, they sent a note to the programmers.

I'll keep you updated, please do the same.

Talent
Message 12 of 107
Message 12 of 107

Just an update.

Since I posted last a week ago I have had three WIFI failures.

Each time I found my phone showing "connected, no internet" when connected to my home system.

I have to restart the phone and when it comes back it is already connected and has internet.

This last time I, before restarting, I laid it next to my old Amazon android phone, no SIM card.  The Amazon phone was connected to my WIFI prefectly while the Xperia showed "connected, no internet".  It also was cycling and trying to connect but came back  "connected, no internet".

I bought this POS from Amazon so I went there and wrote a review thashing the Xperia.  Time to make waves!

Regular
Message 13 of 107
Message 13 of 107

Update:
Using the Xperia Companion and doing a Software Repair solved all my problems.

It's still too early to be 100% sure, but for a few days now I didn't have a connection problem

Adviser
Message 14 of 107
Message 14 of 107

Already did Software Repair and unfortunately didn't solve problem

Talent
Message 15 of 107
Message 15 of 107

This problem is costing me money.

This AM I saw that 5 apps needed to be updated.

I clicked to update.

Then I noticed that the phone was, "Connected, No Internet".

I checked my data plan.

It had used nearly 200MB of data.

Come on Sony, no baloney!

Message 16 of 107
Message 16 of 107

Sony and other companies need to pressure on Google to fix this WiFi issue since it's their security update patch cause this issue back in Jan. 

Talent
Message 17 of 107
Message 17 of 107

Software repair didn't solve mine either and it created a disaster.

The biggest problem....none of the apps I installed were restored.

I did a backup before the repair then a restore.

All it seemed to restore was music (I have none), pictures, videos and maybe a few other things.   It did NOT restore any pdf or doc or xls files.

The worst part is my "app count" was about 106 if I remember right.  I spent over 6 hours yesterday reinstalling apps and my app count is only 80.>>>  26 more to go.

And it is a real pain in the butt because I had all my apps tailored to my liking and those settings were also lost.

Email accounts were lost.

Now I have a screen to the left of the main home screen that has google crap on it and I can't  get rid of it.  It has all kinds of news feeds on it that I have deleted and disabled in settings but they keep coming back. 

DISASTER!!!!

Talent
Message 18 of 107
Message 18 of 107

Driftkaiser, are you sure it is Google and not Sony?

I have had this phone only since January and it was fine for me up until some time in March. 

Of course it might have taken that long for Sony to bring me "up to date".

Commissioner
Message 19 of 107
Message 19 of 107

@PeteCalwrote:

Driftkaiser, are you sure it is Google and not Sony?

I have had this phone only since January and it was fine for me up until some time in March. 

Of course it might have taken that long for Sony to bring me "up to date".

Same - my WiFi issue only started in 47.1.A.12.119 which was March security patch. Saying that, others have reported WiFi issues since day one so it seems there may be a few different WiFi issues out there.

Talent
Message 20 of 107
Message 20 of 107

I can't take this anymore.  I spent 9 or 10 hours repairing the software then trying to return all the settings to the way I had it.

I still have not gotten back to the way is was and the wifi is failing again.

This morning I awoke to "Connected, no Internet".  Every other wifi device in the house had Internet.

Unfortunately it beyond the Amazon return period.

I am going to try to return to to Sony under the 1 year warranty.

Wish me luck!

This Sony phone has wasted too many hours out of my life.