account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi connection problem

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 81 of 107
Message 81 of 107

Re: Wifi connection problem

Wifi issue is still there. 

So what now?

A usb type-c to rj45 connector would be a reasonable patch. Smartphone without internet are almost useless 

Adviser
Message 82 of 107
Message 82 of 107

Well, Haven't posted for a couple of days as I got the August update and.......

So far its an improvement, still occasionally hangs for a while when loading a page but rarely gives up and tells me I'm not connected. ( I say rarely, it happened a couple of times but loaded the page swiftly when I pressed reload and it could have been due to weak signal at that time).

Time will tell as there is generally an improvement for a couple of days after each update but so far so good. Will report back if it all goes pear shaped again.

For anyone counting, this is day 210 !!!

One time poster
Message 83 of 107
Message 83 of 107

Finally after months and months of complaining my WiFi actually works. Same as previous post. Slow at times. Not lightning fast like it should be. Unbelievable service from Sony. Absolutely pathetic that this took over 200 days to rectify. Only about another 400 days I can bin this phone and never buy Sony again. 

One time poster
Message 84 of 107
Message 84 of 107

Up until 2 weeks ago I hadn't heard of this issue but now my phone is useless around the house.

I have done the latest update and it's still not authenticating, worse than that I reset the settings as suggested somewhere so now I can't use any of the old saved networks. 

Regular
Message 85 of 107
Message 85 of 107

I am a UK user. I bought a brand new XZ1 Compact bought in August 2018.  After spending hours configuring it and moving icons around, adding apps etc.  I found it suddenly started rebooting randomly (maximum uptime around 4hrs).  I tried removing the last few apps I had put on.  I then tried a Factory Rest and just put my gmail account in, still reboots.  I then tried the Sony Repair web site and waited two-three hours for the download and install.  Still reboots.  Having found this forum page I tried a reboot of my TalkTalk HG633 router that evening and also install the app "Boot Logs - by Or Bin" which logs when the phone has rebooted.  The next morning I have 11 hrs uptime.

So having found that it looks like the HG633 router I did a little more digging.  We also have an IPhone SE which quite often will not connect to the wifi and we have to switch the phone to airplane and then back to get it to connect (not really a biggy so just do it).  I eventually found an article stating the because the HG633 transmits on both 2G and 5G wifi and, if left at default, both frequencies are configured with the same SSID.  Some equipment has problems with this and to FIX the issue you need to go into the HG633 router config and change the name/s so that they are differnet for example SSID: MYROUTER-2 for the 2.4Ghz  and MYROUTER-5 for the 5Ghz.

Now having done this, I am hoping that this has fixed my problem after 6 days of "pain".  If not then the phone (which is really nice) will have to be returned for a full refund (within the 14 day period!! - glad the problem happened straight away and not after a month).  Anyway, here is hoping it's ok as I really like the phone except for the rebooting.

Update: It has now been up for over 48hrs without a reboot.

So it may be that other routers have the same issues with SONY mobiles in that the routers are broadcasting the same SSID on the two different channels 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.  Would people like to give this a try and reply in this forum.  This may be the solution until Sony fix the issue (if it is the issue).
Talent
Message 86 of 107
Message 86 of 107

Thats not the thing. My router always had different names for 2,4 and 5 ghz conection...

Regular
Message 87 of 107
Message 87 of 107

Update:-  After 3 weeks of no reboots, I needed to reboot my phone.  After I rebooted the phone, I went back to intermittent reboots.  I then rebooted the router and the phone has not rebooted since.  So there is definately an issue with the XZ1 Compact and a TalkTalk HG633 router (Hardware version: .1.01 Software version: v2.00t).

Rookie
Message 88 of 107
Message 88 of 107

We have two xz1 C and both are randomly disconnecting/conneting wifi.

We have a Asus Router, all other wifi devices (even a z3 compact and a s2p) work with out any wifi problems.

Plus. SONY solle this Bug

You are lossing customers!

By the way: customers care chat is also not working, via telephone I can't report bugs in fact your Support app is just useless!

Learner
Message 89 of 107
Message 89 of 107

There is a wifi problem causing the phone to loose the connection to wifi router as reported by most xz1 compact users and the temporary solution is a device reboot which should fix the problem for a couple of days. The problem started with a specific system update earlier this year and as of date has not been resolved. Sony can fix this with an online software update since the problem was caused by the feb/mar system update.

There does not seem to be a way to reach Sony developers and support staff are clueless so no need to call them as they will ask you to perform irrelevant things such as move closer to router and reboot router.

Loyal Xperia compact customers are frustrated by the disconnect between Sony and the product fans.

Regular
Message 90 of 107
Message 90 of 107

the problem may not appear for several days, or maybe every 20 hours. I also noticed that along with this problem (when it appears) the phone does not find (or does not see) other networks that
Screenshot_20181219-173121.pngdoes not workраб.pngworks