account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wi-Fi problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Wi-Fi problem

Hi I have Sony Experia xz1 compact (android 9 latest update) and I have wifi problems. My phone loses the Wi-Fi connection several time during the day and i need to restart the phone to get it reconnected. I have repaired the software but it didn't change anything. 

Please help. Thanks in advance. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Android 9 wifi problem

Me and my wife have similar mobiles - xz1 compact. And after upgrade to Android 9 we have the similar problem. Every day our mobile devices switch off by themselves WiFi. 

For example: i come Home and device searchs and connects to Home WiFi signal but in the morning i see that mobile switches WiFi off. I go to Settings and pur the button WiFi on/off to on. But this button goes from ON to OFF back by itself. And sometimes settings app stops working too. So i need to restart device and after that it seems that everything is good. But only untill next morning or next time when device stays at Home for long time. 

So, before last upgrade to Android 9 me and my wife had good devices without problems at all. But already for two weeks we need to see than ladt upgrade is the most worst, uncomfortable and it has problems.

6 REPLIES 6
Apprentice
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wi-Fi problem

Same problem here and also sometimes the speed on wifi is very slow, but on other devices is with no problems,also I've find out that when the wifi is turned on, my battery drains much faster, hope their fixing it soon

Android 9 47.2.a.6.30

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Wi-Fi problem

Is it android problem? I have noticed this issue only during this week, before that everything was fine. But now it is terrible 😕

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Android 9 wifi problem

Me and my wife have similar mobiles - xz1 compact. And after upgrade to Android 9 we have the similar problem. Every day our mobile devices switch off by themselves WiFi. 

For example: i come Home and device searchs and connects to Home WiFi signal but in the morning i see that mobile switches WiFi off. I go to Settings and pur the button WiFi on/off to on. But this button goes from ON to OFF back by itself. And sometimes settings app stops working too. So i need to restart device and after that it seems that everything is good. But only untill next morning or next time when device stays at Home for long time. 

So, before last upgrade to Android 9 me and my wife had good devices without problems at all. But already for two weeks we need to see than ladt upgrade is the most worst, uncomfortable and it has problems.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Android 9 wifi problem

Yes the same here and nothing helps to solve this problem 😔

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi everyone. I have solved the wifi problem. It was because of home network  which is sharing a wifi. Change your inet 

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Biraz daha açar mısınız anlayamadım

Couldn't understand if you could open up more

gt