account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Why wont music play to a speaker through aux but it will work through headphones?

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Why wont music play to a speaker through aux but it will work through headphones?

I've connected my xperia xz1 compact to to my car through the aux port but music just plays through the handset. Same problem with my jbl speaker. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why wont music play to a speaker through aux but it will work through headphones?

Works fine here.

No problems, tested with aux in car, different models of mobile speakers.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why wont music play to a speaker through aux but it will work through headphones?

The handset speaker should mute when you plug in the aux cable. If it isn't then it probably isn't recognising the cable is plugged in - have you tried a different aux cable (assuming you're using the same one for the speaker and in car)?