account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume buttons turn on the screen

Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Volume buttons turn on the screen

Hello everyone, 

so far I have used the XZ1 Compact for a solid two weeks and I had a blast (excluding the irritating "System-UI doesn't respond" bug). However, I have now discovered another thing. That is that the screen turns on every time when pressing the volume buttons.

That can be pretty nasty, because I don't always pull my phone out of my pocket to change the volume when listening to music. The first time when I noticed It I pulledy phone out and it wanted to make an emergency call becausey leg acted as some sort of finger.

I wanted to know if this is a bug maybe caused by the early Android Oreo or if it may be a hardware issue. Or maybe that is something wanted?

I am happy about every reply. 

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Volume buttons turn on the screen

I don't have that, maybe it's a regional thing?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

The same

The buttons starting the screen

CE1

47.1.A.2.324

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Meister_Schnitter wrote:

thing

This behavior is observed on previous Xperia (previous years) - the display is activated when you press on the hard buttons after the screen turns off in approximately 1.5 seconds. Talking about it?

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Wladimir wrote:

@Meister_Schnitter wrote:

thing

This behavior is observed on previous Xperia (previous years) - the display is activated when you press on the hard buttons after the screen turns off in approximately 1.5 seconds. Talking about it?

Have now tested it and it actually works! The phone only does that in roughly the first two seconds.

Thanks a lot! 

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Yep, I noticed that too. I hope Sony will open Beta program for firmware rather than keeps releasing buggy firmwares.

vsa
Apprentice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

This bug annoys me too, hoping it'll be fixed soon.

Also turning display on when connecting/disconnecting charger should be configurable since it doesn't create any additional information to user, the led already shows the charging status.