account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Vibrate alert

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Vibrate alert

Had my phone about a week and generally enjoying it, except the vibrate alert. Its really loud, with a horrible high pitched tone. The vibrate alert with the phone on silent alone is actually as loud as having the ringtone on half volume, which kind of defeats the object. At the same time the vibration feeling is barely noticable when the phone is in my pocket.

I've come from a Z3 compact and the vibration is completely different. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Vibrate alert

Yep vibrators they use on the Compact models are very bad, solely for cost cutting. Purely hardware issue and design flaws.

However, even the XZ PREMIUM doesn't feature a linear vibrator, which is a shame.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Vibrate alert

Send it in for repair.

Someone with extreme vibrating Xperia X had the same issue and Sony repaired it under warranty.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't