account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Very weak torch XZ1 compact

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Very weak torch XZ1 compact

Hello, I've just bought XZ1 compact, but I am very disappointed about led torch. I found some answers like:

"to prevent battery drain..." but this is not an answer how to fix this problem. If I compare my XZ1 compact with my wife's XA1, the brightness is about 1:10 (ZX1c:XA1). So please don't tell me that it is because of battery drain or overheating. Otherwise you would have done the same for all phones.

I would expect much stronger torch for example for shooting very slow motion video.

So please, tell me, how to fix it without rooting the phone or when will you update the software to fix this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Very weak torch XZ1 compact

@Eagleking 

I don't think it's possible,  you could test different torch apps, but do send your feedback/request to Sony directly as this is a user based forum >>> Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Same problem for the Xperia 1

Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Same problem for many other Sony models Z3C XC XZ1C. You can't even make a video using that intensity of led. You can't use it as a flashlight. Xperia U was the last model I had with powerful led. Other brands don't have this issue.