account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Upgrade Android 9 Pie, are you serious?

Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Upgrade Android 9 Pie, are you serious?

H. developers, you know, it seemed to me that you were assembling this firmware with your feet. The point in this update of the system, if nothing has changed. All features that are announced in this OS are cut:
-Google's beautiful font cut out, left the antediluvian font from the time of Lollipop
- digital health cut
-No menu item Battery Manager
-short notifications just disgusting and black, which I can not change
-the volume level, it's just awful, in the stock firmware the volume bar is on a par with the bell (profile change), it is wide in this firmware, climbs out of the frame, it doesn't even smell like aesthetics ...
- where are the gestures? Why is the navigation bar white and not hidden, why does it not change color depending on the background of the application?
-the list of recent applications have not changed, although it looks different in Android 9
- no change in black and white theme
- no night mode, but the one that is in the menu for developers does not work
- the screen turns on with a backing
- transfer of applications to the memory card, memory integration (announcement in Android 6.0 !!!!!!!!!!!)
-etc.

In general, the overall appearance of the entire system does not have any particular appearance. Some clumsy ... I do not know, just no words. Fix this nightmare and give access to the normal functionality of the device, or give the opportunity to get a clean version of the Android One system, as Xiaomi and Nokia did.

Sorry for my english, used google translate

P.S. I found an unpleasant mistake, the proximity sensor does not work well because of what I constantly press the speakerphone with my cheek

16 REPLIES 16
Apprentice
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Upgrade Android 9 Pie, are you serious?

I think her that the company will listen to your words. She just scored on her users. You want a new, buy disgusting new devices.

Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

I found an unpleasant mistake, the proximity sensor does not work well because of what I constantly press the speakerphone with my cheek

Apprentice
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

no wonder they even tweaked on televisions. XF9005, after the last update does not connect to the network, while the Playstation performance dropped by the way. Sometimes it seems to me that the software they write Indians. If I had the opportunity to work at Sony, I would fire everyone.

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Will the representatives of Sony answer me?

Rookie
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Hi everyone, 

I cant access my device after updating, my usual unlock pattern is stated as 'incorrect pattern'. And i have to unlock the pattern to get all data and features. Already tried restarting the phone several times, phone call and press back, google find your devices, but nothing seems to work. I don't want to lose my data, anybody knows what to do?

Regards,

Leo

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Do a factory reset via Xperia Companion. REset the device. Its always recommended to reset after major android update. x.x -> x+1.x

Visitor
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

just got support via chat. Full reset is the only solution after upgrade.

bye bye sony....

Apprentice
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

earlier it was deleted via the command line through ADB.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Now it's all covered up. Well what can I say, remember the 1980th Soviet bear, so here is Sony. Goodbye, my glorious Sony. You left hope on Android, but you betrayed me. ZX1 Compact and ZX Premium are the latest devices from your company. You do not control your developers at all. They are sorry hand curves, chat support robots are somehow sitting. Well, I forgave you for the TV, replaced Apple TV with many functions, but I will not forgive you for smartphones. I had to access the ZX1 compact, only through resetting the phone, losing files, although it was possible to reset the key through ADB before. XZ Premium does not update, because I do not want to lose files.